Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Ib Questions

MemberMember
(@ac98)

Posted : 01/28/2015 5:37 pm

hi, so I am on accutane and I have been for around 5 and a half weeks now. I was just wondering if it is normal for my acne to be getting worse ??? as my skin has become extremely dry and flakey I can't help but pick it ( I know it's bad and I shouldn't ) . is my acne getting worse because I'm picking at my skin or is it just the initial breakout and when will it start to clear up ?? I don't want to seem impatient but my skin is so sore as I'm getting huge pimples I have never had before. Also does it matter what moisturiser I use ?? and make-up, is that what's causing this breakout ?

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 01/28/2015 6:47 pm

Yes initial breakout is common and YES skin usually looks worse before it gets better :(

sorry to say most of us have gone thru it

PLEASE TRY not to pick

from my experience when in accutane skin is fragile and u will make it worse and potentially leave scares

if the breakout are bad I would use a TINY bit of bp 2.5% as spot treatment

ir go into derm for shots on larger cysts

Its hard to say if moisturizer is causing issues

derm always rec non-com but that could vary from person to person

a basic moisturizer like cerave pm or cetaphil lotion seem to work for most....eucerin I heard was good as well

Also neutrogena oil free sensitive skin

GL
kim

MemberMember
(@maryc)

Posted : 01/28/2015 10:12 pm

It's totally normal and as Kim said, don't pick at it because it could make your skin very bad. Be patient, it's the only key. I'm 2.5 months into my course and I'm just starting to see improvement. Good luck to you!!

MemberMember
(@casey87)

Posted : 01/29/2015 2:06 pm

cetaphil moisturizing cream, eucerin moisturizing lotion spf 30, use your moisturizers as often as you need to and cake it on good when fresh out the shower while your skin is moist.

MemberMember
(@ac98)

Posted : 02/01/2015 12:49 pm

thanks, I will try to moisturise my face more now as I have 2 weeks off school and I also won't be wearing makeup as often as I usually do so hopefully this will help :) any tips on when I do wear make up how to make it not look dry and scabby or is this just something I will have to deal with ?? I get very self conscious at school, at the moment I switching between Mac and bare minerals make up any recommendations ?