Notifications
Clear all

Apo-Minocyclin Question

MemberMember
(@belladonna16)

Posted : 01/28/2015 5:01 pm

My doctor perscribed me 50mg Apo-Minocycline pills to take twice every day to go along with the Clinodoxyl gel I use at night (used the gel for months with no change in my skin either). I've only been using it for a little less than a week now and I've noticed its been making my face break out more. I'm supposed to be on it for about 2 months, and I've been trying to read up on other people's experiences with it to see if they had an initial bad breakout following taking it. I was wondering if it is normal for minocycline to make your skin break out more before helping to clear it?

I hope it starts kicking in sometime. This is my graduating year from high school with the graduation pictures only being a week away

MemberMember
(@l9germaine)

Posted : 01/28/2015 10:42 pm

Hey,

I took minocycline in 2013- there is an initial breakout and will get worst before it gets better unfortunately. It sucks but it will clear up. I can't fully remember how long it took to clear as it was a while ago but I did have success with it for about a year and a half with really clear skin. I wish you the best of luck and hope it clears up for you soon!