On 5Th Week And No ...

Notifications
Clear all

On 5Th Week And No Improvement

MemberMember
(@jon94)

Posted : 01/26/2015 10:41 pm

Hey guys, (Male, 20)

I started doing the regimen about 4 weeks ago and I am currently on the 5th week. I am not giving up but I haven't seen much improvement at all so far. I have actually broken out worse since week 4.

Before I continue, I am using products from the drug store because I am not able to buy the products online. Therefore, here is my regimen:

Morning and Night: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (I tried Olay foaming to use for shaving but it dried me out real quick)

Neutrogena on the spot treatment (2.5%)

Neutrogena oil free combination skin moisturizer

In the first three weeks it wasn't so bad but after that I broke out in spots that I haven't before. First it was just my cheeks, now it is around my chin and jawline area...

I am not giving up but I am following the steps provided and using products that are recommended from this site to use.

Any suggestions, thoughts on what I should do? I need some advice!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/27/2015 11:19 am

You will break out and it is to be expected. Let 3-4 months be the guideline before expecting ANY type of improvement. I was about to give up in my third month and then two weeks later i noticed that i wasn't really breaking out that much. You are still relatively new to the process so be patient.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@jon94)

Posted : 01/27/2015 1:00 pm

Alright so it is expected to break out a little worse and in different areas? Also I hope my products I am using are fine to do this regimen with.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/27/2015 2:24 pm

The Regimen does work best with the Acne.Org products but the products you are using are decent subs. You probably won't get as clear but they should at least keep things manageable. Periodic breakouts that come and go are very common in the first several weeks but with continued treatment, you'll find that things clear faster and acne doesn't hang around as long. Wish you the best of luck! :)

MemberMember
(@jon94)

Posted : 01/29/2015 10:11 pm

Just to update...

I am continuing to do the regimen but switched the moisturizer to CeraVe moisturizing lotion because neutrogina wasn't cutting it. Now my face doesn't feel as tight and dry.

But My acne has just gotten worse ever since I started this so would you guys suggest to cut back on the BP to once a day? My skin is a bit flakey in some areas still but im hoping the moisturizer will help me. I am approaching week 6 now and hoping that this break out will clear up soon and I will be able to see results.

What do you guys suggest? I just need some advice as to continue use or cut back or something.

MemberMember
(@sasha7775)

Posted : 01/29/2015 10:31 pm

I started the regimen 12 weeks ago and also experienced pretty bad breakouts until about 2-3 weeks ago. I actually increased my dosage of BP a bit and started using AHA, which helped A LOT with flaking and dryness. Things are definitely looking much better now, so just keep up with the regimen and you will see results!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 01/29/2015 11:16 pm

It sounds like on a pretty average timeline in terms of when you start to see noticeable improvements from the Regimen. My advice would be stick with it and ride it out, you'll be glad you did when you start seeing how great the results are!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@jon94)

Posted : 01/30/2015 11:38 am

Alright it just seems like really bad so far. I have never had this much acne before until now. It just concerns me and it looks awful

Also, I'm itchy still and a little red sometimes. I just feel like I was better off without this regimen to be honest