Help With Stubborn ...

Notifications
Clear all

Help With Stubborn Adult Acne

MemberMember
(@samiami494)

Posted : 01/25/2015 9:36 am

I always have or wake up to tiny bumps under my skin mostly on my forehead. They aren't often white heads. You can't see it that well but I have a ton of blackheads. So I don't know what to do.

I used to use benzoyl peroxide but my skin is too dry now and they're under the skin. I've just been using baby soap now. I am starting to get lines as well so what product should I use? I can't afford to see a dermatologist.

post-447464-0-71097400-1422200262_thumb.

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 01/25/2015 2:10 pm

White bumps that aren't really white heads kind of sounds like keratosis pilaris. I would go to a natural foods store and buy a natural goats milk soap and a lotion that has lactic acid. I know there is Amlactin and Lac Hydrin but those are full of parbens are other junk, I would try to find a natural one. Should help with the blackheads too.

MemberMember
(@cvd)

Posted : 01/26/2015 10:00 am

What you have could be several different things but I'd say it is just non-inflammatory acne...basically very plugged up pores --- comedones plus blackheads. If you tolerated BP before and just got dryness then you might want to try using a BP cleanser to open the pores and help them shed those plugs. It won't dry out your skin like topical BP does. I like Panoxyl 10% which is sold over the counter but used to be a prescription medication. You wash with it to the count of 60, then rinse with tepid water once a day. I use it in the morning. If you need a moisturizer I highly recommend DML lotion. It was specially formulated for acne prone skin, is light and dries quickly.

Some people swear by salicylic acid cleansers for dissolving plugs and opening up pores but personally it just broke me out more!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/29/2015 10:14 am

If I dont use my glycolic acid toner I tend to get those little bumps like that. They dont turn into anything thank goodness but I hate them. I keep trying to not use the glycolic acid anymore because sometimes it makes me red but its the only thing that works for me so that my skin is nice and smooth. If you dont want to use a toner there are various creams out there that have glycolic acid in it. They even sell some moisturizer on this site with I think 10% glycolic acid but I havent tried it.