Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Polka

Haircuts, do you dread them?

Okay, I read a similar post about hair and suddenly was suddenly wondering whether anyone else serisouly hates getting their hair cut.

My barber ends up having to touch my forehead and stuff, and its gross. I really hate haircuts. Seriously. One apprentice guy once didn't wanna cut my hair. THats nice. No wonder I'm messed up

THats why I never get my haircut unless I have to

Yeah I do dread it most of the time.

I get mine cut every four or five weeks and I go to a hairdressing salon with loads of hot hairdressers in there.

I feel so self conscious and after they cut it they wash it to get rid of all the loose hairs, so when I'm at the wash basin I'm thinking "i bet they're cringing having to do that when I've got spots on my forehead".

I just close my eyes and try to pretend they're not there. eusa_pray.gif

4-5 weeks? I go probably every two months. I hate looking clean cut with severe scars. If yo umy hair looks messy, it kinda blends in with the acne..

Besides that, have you ever gotten your hair washed in a barbers? My acne was soo raw and red, the poor guy had to continue cutting it

I take it you're a guy polkadots (because you go to the barbers)?

I agree it sort of blends in if you're hairs messier. Mine's longish but with a sort of messed up highlighted style. I also avoid wearing lighter coloured tops if I'm out and about because I feel it makes the redness of my scars stand out more. I'm almost always in blue or black tops because I reckon it blurs that scarring a bit. (That last statement has no basis in fact that I'm aware of, it's just a personal issue smile.gif )

I don't remember my skin ever being raw, as you've mentioned yours was/is, so I haven't experienced how it feels sitting in a barber's chair when your skin's like that.

I have a predisposition to oily skin and I drink loads of water so I've never been particularly sore.

I used to have have the occasional zit on the back of my head, right above the hairline. And because the person cutting was Filipina, she had NO problem talking about it to me and the others inside.

"Wow Marc, look, your peem-pulls are like a-matching. There's one on dis side, and another one there, look!"

This was when she would show me the mirror from the back for me to look at a closely shaved part of my head with a huge red pitcher's mound on both sides near the ear. Good God.

Luckily one of my best friends is a beauty school graduate and works wonders with my hair. She's been through acne and still suffers a few outbreaks here and there, but she has never once said one thing even when I had tons of zits or really bad foundation. However for my birthday she bought me a really nice purse and slipped a bunch of stuff in there including a REALLY nice facial cleanser which I now love and use all the time...

so yeah I am really lucky, but I would definitly not like having a stranger get to see or touch my face or w/e

but you know what's worse: GOING TO THE DENTIST! They have to be RIGHT up in your face and they're hands get on your face too plus they got that light shining on you.. yuck... ooooh and the ORTHODONTIST which I visited during the most severe times of my acne MULTIPLE times... yeah... I hated my orthodontist- they didn't even have seperate rooms for people, they had chairs lined up in the same room with sinks between them.... nice... so you get to watch all the people around you have their mouth tortured....

*bad memories*

LOL, don't even mention that word. I went recently, but luckily, they were very nice.

What kind of orthodontist did you go to? That sounds medieval!

the lighting in most hairdressers seem particularly bad. that and having to avoid looking in the many mirrors make me dislike going to haircuts.

well i cut my own hair. its the way forward!!

get yerself a cordless set of clippers and associated accessories ($50 or so), then a second mirror to do the back. hey presto. I do mine better than any barber.

I actually love getting haircuts. My hair looks way better after a cut and style, and I just feel much prettier. I'm really hair-stupid, so everything my stylist does is downright amazing to me.

I agree with the dentist/orthodontist thing though. It's even worse because my skin gets flaky after I have my mouth open for a long time. A few months ago my bottom retainer loosened and my orthodontist had to fix it. He set the glue by pointing a blowdryer at my face.

Oh, and my orthodontist also has all the chairs in one long room.

I dread getting my haircut. Especially the part where they're washing your hair and can see every pore on your face. And those horrible flourescent lights...who invented those things? I'm obsessive when it comes to lighting. I just want to scream out and suggest they replace those things with something softer..everyone would look better.

And I cringe at the thought of going to the dentist. It wouldn't be so bad if mine wasn't so hot.

i don't normally like getting my hair cut cuz i like my hair long. and the alcohol/menthol thing they rub on the sides of ur sideburns after they cut them... i wonder if that works well...

but i hate more being told i'm thinning... (being in jamaica... being a minority with what is called strait hair... thin hair is an absolute rarity...)

i'm not thinning dammit... its been like this since i was 12

I've been working at a hair salon as a shampoo girl/receptionist for over two years now, so I kind of have some "inside information" so to speak on how things really are. Honestly, when I'm washing someone's hair, good skin or not, I'm not looking at their face. If I concentrate on their face and not the water and the hair, I'm more likely to make a mistake and embarrass myself.

Sure, I've washed people with bad acne. Really, it doesn't bother me at all. If you know how to wash hair, you shouldn't even be touching the client's forehead anyways. What IS gross is washing old people, with their weird aging spots and warts, and... yuck. tongue.gif

As for the lighting in salons... yeah, it sucks. I hate looking in the mirrors at work because that godawful flourescent lighting makes me look like an assclown.

i got a razor ill either fade my shit up or or just shave it. luckily thats the type of style that fits me best and im glad too because guys who style their hair are some gays yo.

he lights. oh boy. Lights on a bus, lights in the barber, light in clothes shops all suck.

Guest agentx

when i was on accutane ... and 5 months before that, dint dare goto a hair dresser. so was without a haircut for around 8 months or so ... maybe even a year. dont remember clearly.

wat did i say when the hairdresser asked me what the hell was wrong with my hair.

"i had a bet with a friend that i wudnt cut it for a year. and now im 500 bux richer" had to tip her 20$ though :s but she was freakin hoT! so its all good :]

now i dun mind heh

] x [

I miss those younger days when I didn't know of such things, wasn't so self-conscious and thus was much happier. lol.gif

Ignorance is bliss....

Anyways I havent gone to cut my hair for 6 months now.. ninja.gif

my mother used to be a hairdresser when she was younger,

lucky for me

-

i duno wut i should do with my hair though....