Notifications
Clear all

Skin Looks Raw And Bad.

MemberMember
(@ssenda)

Posted : 01/23/2015 6:01 am

Hey guys my name is scottie for awhile I have been battling acne. So my derm gave me benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent well I left it on to long and I have been using it daily for about 3 months. It made my skin really raw blotchy looking and it's been 2 weeks of not using it doesn't seem to go back to normal. I have sensitive oily skin and I wash my face with a gentle cleanser morning and night. I put 100 percent argan oil on every day just to try to heal the damage. Seems like my pores by my nose got bigger I have deep acne scars on my forehead that aren't going away my skin look kinda leathery and red still. I just wanted to see what to do about some of these acne scars like pretty deep brown marks. Luckly I have good grandparents they saw how much pain I am in and how much this is affecting me so I stay home 24/7 I wanted to know how long does it take for skin to completely heal it's self and go back to normal. And some home remedies or products for these deep acne scars on my forehead. Also my arm has 3 acne scars that r red and looks like it's not going anywhere anytime soon any ideas?

Id like to say man acne affects my life so much can't do anything. I had a pretty clear face until I started using bp. Made my skin texture worse and I'm scared to heck it's not going to go back to normal and replies guys would mean a lot to me.

Thanks scottie.

MemberMember
(@pleasehelppp)

Posted : 01/23/2015 7:00 pm

Hey Scottie,

One thing you can try is applying acne.org's AHA+ once a day to start out with and then gradually putting it on twice a day. When doing this wash your face with just Johnsons head to toe baby wash and be gentle. This is what I used after being on BP for almost a year and left my skin finally in rash. Remember that it will sting a little when you first one it and you may purge the first few weeks your on it, your skin will most likely even out after a month. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

MemberMember
(@ssenda)

Posted : 01/23/2015 7:19 pm

I'm using a super super sensitive cleanser now seems to be ok. But since using benzoyl peroxide for about 4 months it just made my skin look absolutely horrible. Look leathery and red and the texture is different. I'm wondering if skin can ever come back from that or am I stuck with this for life. I never really had acne then I started using bp and just ruined my face so bad.

MemberMember
(@isaacneedshelp)

Posted : 01/23/2015 7:28 pm

Argan oil is not going to heal your skin bro, i personally used argan oil hoping it would heal the skin but it dint do much for me really, i would say it made face abit worse. If i was you i would stop using BP, start using some thing like tea tree oil, i really think that tea tree oil is much better than bp it dosent make skin red or dry. You should check out and try this cleanser called Blemish buster for MUAC, its not drying, it really helped me with my oily face, and acne, and its natural, and it very affordable. You can all ways try a honey and oatmeal face mask, it will reduce redness and irritation you got going on, i promise you. You should use a moisturizer like Cerave at day then at night use argan oil, for me personally argan oil just made face feel dry.

ssenda liked
MemberMember
(@mariechin1234)

Posted : 01/23/2015 10:16 pm

Here's what is effective on treating acne. I do facial, use Tretinoin, and cetaphil facial wash. Take vitamin A, C and E. Solves the problem :D

MemberMember
(@ssenda)

Posted : 01/24/2015 3:57 am

Can my skin texture ever go back to normal guys? I'm super scared of that. Ever since using bp my chin forehead cheeks look so different in the texture. My complexion went to hell. I'm going to try that mask tomorrow and look at the muac blemish buster

MemberMember
(@robert-cohn)

Posted : 01/25/2015 4:01 am

Hi Scottie,

I am in the same boat as you. And although I don't have an answer, I thought I would comment to let you know that you are not alone. I would like to follow along with this thread and hopefully get some helpful information as well. Hopefully there is someone around who has overcome the specific situation that we are in.

I have been inside for the most part of 6 months. I went outside for the first time a couple of days ago to visit some friends at school, it was like one long anxiety attack all day. Funny story actually (kind of sad in retrospect), an old woman with a difficult accent had been staring at me on the subway for a while and finally decided to come up and talk to me. Since it was hard to understand her, I didn't know exactly what she said, but she seemed to think I need help - as if she thought I was a drug addict or something because of the red marks all over my face and the scaring... I think she was meaning to help a kid out, but she really was a little bit creepy and probably mentally ill. Anyway, when we got to the transfer station to switch trains, I thought I would finally get rid of her - I had been trying not to be rude for the past 15 minutes - but she decided to follow me and then said: "I will just walk with you for a while; it's for your safety. I can just take the bus whenever, so I can stay with you as long as you need." After another 10 minutes of trying to convince her I would be late for school and her trying to get me to stay back with her as she told me about all these youth homes, I somehow got her to leave. I thought I would have to show up for my friends (after 6 months of not seeing them) with a groupie. My friends got a good laugh and I was feeling pretty good for the first 20 minutes, but then on was hell. It was very embarrassing to have the whole subway watching as someone mistakes me for a meth addict because of what is obviously acne and not drug abuse - or is it obvious?

I notice now more than ever how pale I am, and how much worse my scars look because of that. I can't go outside because of my acne, and my acne just looks worse and worse from staying inside.

I am now in need of a job because my parents are getting sick of me sitting in the basement all day and clearly don't understand that my problem isn't just social anxiety, it's the acne that is causing the social anxiety that is my problem.

My biggest problem is the scars on the sides of my face and the rough, red lumps on my facial skin in general.

This isn't just acne, this is like a deformation or something...

So am am wondering, like you, if this is just a phase in my life that I can wait out. Maybe in 10 years I will be able to have a normal life? I don't want perfect skin, I just don't want scars and marks to stand out and be all people think of me.

ssenda liked
MemberMember
(@ssenda)

Posted : 01/25/2015 5:27 am

Hey man sry to hear about ur day. I'll give u a little info about mine I also am in the basement taking my college classes online. I have been home fixing my body and face acne for like a year now. I can't look in normal mirrors. Get this I use my phone as a mirror bc after months of using benzoyl peroxide I lost it. I have scars and stuff. Only my back is bad chest is clear shoulders. But man I hate when people say ur face looks so good I only see like 2 things on ur face I'm like damn I can see like 30 things. U think the same way I do I sit at home winder why me? And is there a way out of this and ya were will I be in 10 years. Will I be normal will I be the cool dude I was and ever be able to dress nice and go outside. Luckily with my grandparents we made a deal that as long as I take classes online I can stay home to fix my face. Yesterday I went to a psychologist for my issues. I told him I'm like I look in a mirror and my face looks like shit forehead has scars all over my chin has some zits under my eyes look red and raw. I had a awesome face a couple moths ago looking great. Now after bp I'm scared I fucked my face up for like. Thinking man if this doesn't clear up or go away I'm dome trying with life. It's hard bro people like us who sit home and have to deal with this and all of our friends that get 1 or 2 a month and they disappear in a day or 2 gets me mad. So unfair to us and what we go through over night. When u talk to u parents u gotta tell the truth and tell them how much pain u r in. When people say u stay inside bc of ur acne they laugh. Gotta be completely honest and tell them when ur outside what it's like and the pain. I was blessed with cool grandparents last year I have been working on my acne. It sucks man my fiance who is beautiful who never gets a zit bugs the fuck out of me ever day. She just gets up leaves her makeup on some days and don't care eat whatever she wants. Me I a strict diet I exercise I have expensive lotion and cleansers just to try to get back to the kid I was at heart. U and me know what's it like life seems so hopeless we have no confidence it's hard for me to say that's when this well end for us and how. Luckily I don't have the worst scars and the worst zits mine r usually small but I can't go back to my school and eventually go play college golf until this goes away. U can message me bro anytime on here. Thanks for reaching out to me and telling me ur story.

Scottie

MemberMember
(@robert-cohn)

Posted : 01/25/2015 8:51 pm

One thing I notice is that I can never see my face in the same way other people see it... You probably get that too. The same way it looks different in different lighting, I wish I could see it as someone else would - maybe it would even look better.

My Shoulders used to be pretty bad, but they seem to have cleared up a lot and now it's just a few pimples around the top of my arms. My back isn't bad, but there are a few on there I think. My chest seems to be different every day - some days it will be almost clear and then the next it can be covered in pimples. I am not at all concerned about my upper body, though. I think I can keep that under control. It is just my face that I want to heal.

I read somewhere that carbohydrates make acne worse, and if you cut back on them almost entirely from your diet you can effectively clean up your acne. I think it really does help. My problem is scars though, not acne. Scars seem to be permanent. I hope they will fade or something.

So maybe you can try cutting back on carbs. Maybe that will help you. Try it out, see if it works. What's the harm?

Avoid bread and sugary foods.

MemberMember
(@ssenda)

Posted : 01/26/2015 4:59 pm

I can try that. People say they go on like fasting for a week like a apple a day and just water like wow that's some determination. I am in the same boat with u with the face thing. My fiance and my family is like it's looks fine what r u talking about I look in the reflection on my phone I'm like guys r u like dumb? Have acne scars all over my chin and forehead like wtf. Then they tell u its fine ur fine ur acting like a baby. Then it gets me mad and just makes it all worse. I saw ur pics idk about ur forehead only I see honestly is ur cheeks. I'll check again and give u a man to man honest option.

I forgot with body acne. I have nothing on my chest been clear for awhile now. Mine is my back I don't get anymore but during the summer working at a machine shop so 10 hour days and having that sweat stay omg man it was so bad I couldn't sleep. I would like sir in a chair and pass out. That's really my only body part that's got it. But I have been saving up whatever money I can get for a full piece back tattoo to end that shit. Ya face to me if so important same like u. Has to be like 99 percent clear it's impossible ever day see the same shit nothing goes away then u get more like a never ending cycle. More acne u get the more scars and the harder it gets to deal with. Hopefully man u and me will be clear one day. U can message me bro if u want anytime.