Notifications
Clear all

Managing Pain From Lasers

MemberMember
(@jhole)

Posted : 01/22/2015 12:24 am

I need some help dealing with the pain associated with laser treatments. I have had two ematrix treatments which were excruciating even with numbing cream and the nitrous gas.. maybe I have sensitive skin (have been on accutane a few times) or maybe I'm just a bitch either way I need some advice on what medications work best at blocking the pain. Im asking as I will be getting fraxel repair which is apparently going to be a lot worse!

Will be posting pics of everything when I get the photos from the Dr

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/22/2015 10:30 am

the only thing you can take prior to treatments is tylenol which really doesnt do that much. i can feel your pain though i have had a few laser treatments and the fraxel restore was like the most painful thing ever. it was like a hot blowtorch scraping your face! i am going back again on february 9th and the lady said this time to take some tylenol beforehand because its going to hurt a lot more than last time. blah! i am dreading it but hoping that it helps my raised scars.

good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/22/2015 12:43 pm

I take ibuprofen and a stress ball, two of them and I just squeeze the heck out of them

and I keep thinking of the end result, to gain there is pain....music may help too, put those earbuds in to something you like

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/22/2015 3:07 pm

take it like a man .. no pain no gain

MemberMember
(@jhole)

Posted : 01/22/2015 7:01 pm

Ive never heard of tylenol, but has anyone tried valium or codeine?