Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alporich

Returning or exchanging make up

I just have a question, I bought a some Revlon colorstay concealer and Maybelline dream matte mouse at Walmart and they are too dark. I tried them both, is it possible to return and/or exchange them. My sister says that cosmetics always have that "clause" that you are allowed to do that, but I never heard that. Anyone know if that's true?

A gal I know used to work the exchange dept at our local Walmart, and she said they were pretty easy going about returns and exchanges.

It is much easier to return makeup, and indeed all products than it was even 5 years ago.

A woman at a makeup counter once told me that the most foolproof way to return cosmetics is to claim an allergic reaction.

I know some people may feel bad about a white lie, but since they do not provide any samples, or even testers for most cosmetics, it is so easy to buy a color that does not match, or a cosmetic that has an awful "feel" or coverage on your particular skin.

I have never had a problem returning cosmetics using the allergy claim. I have returned extremely pricey products, and things at Target or K-mart with no trouble ever for decades of makup use now.

Good luck,

Mishkyn

I think walmart is okay with exchanges but not returns. I know for a fact that walgreens will do both but just don't say you used it.

When i was on my quest to find the perfect foundation, I must have taken back at least 10 foundations and some of those workers look at you like you're the devil just because you want to return it. I'm not sure why they're so suspicious about it. ha.

I live in the N.W. suburbs of Chicago and the nearest Wal Mart by me will not take makeup returns...they are real jerks.

But, If you have any Jewel/Osco drugs near you...they advertise that they will acccept makeup returns without question...

I always try the newest foundations that come out ...99% of them I have to return because they just dont work for me...LOL...I never have a problem.

CVS Pharmacy- will take MU returns also.

Walmart is so hurting for $ in the Chicago market that they can't take back some makeup...I'm glad you have other options.

I think walmart is okay with exchanges but not returns.  I know for a fact that walgreens will do both but just don't say you used it.

When i was on my quest to find the perfect foundation, I must have taken back at least 10 foundations and some of those workers look at you like you're the devil just because you want to return it. I'm not sure why they're so suspicious about it. ha.

LOL. I'm glad my Walmart is open 24/7... so I can go at night when it's basically empty and avoid the scary mob of obese women and their children.

LOL. I'm glad my Walmart is open 24/7... so I can go at night when it's basically empty and avoid the scary mob of obese women and their children.

I enjoy Walmart alot actually.. I tend to hang out there alot and flirt with the female workers n stuff. Tonight me and my friend went to Big Y, bought a loaf of french bread.. and then went to walmart and ate it in the front of the store sitting on the floor while talking to the cashiers. Walmart is fun at night.

Man I sure have a life.. lol.