Notifications
Clear all

Acne On Chin And Jawline

MemberMember
(@hdsaurusrex)

Posted : 01/20/2015 7:48 pm

Hello All,

So I'm a 22 year old female and have mild acne. I am also on the pill (Ortho Tri Cyclen) just for reference.

I have done a little research, and as far as I can tell, my chin/jawline acne is due to hormones. However, I thought that the pill was supposed to help regulate this?

I keep my hands off my face, I don't rest my chin on my hands... I use mild products, and very few products.

Despite all this, I keep getting one or two deep, under the skin pimples on my chin/jawline. When one goes away, another just seems to pop up and take its place. (FRUSTRATING!!!)

I'm getting fed up with this repeating pattern and was wondering if anyone else has this same problem (especially my fellow females!). If you have encountered hormonal chin/jawline acne, what did you do to get rid of it? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@lenlenlen)

Posted : 01/20/2015 9:25 pm

Hi HD. I feel fir you. I also have those. I started having these about 2 years ago. Still did not find any cure.

MemberMember
(@eruiz710)

Posted : 02/04/2015 3:08 pm

Sometimes the pill makes acne worse and sometimes it makes it better. It depends on which birth control you are on, you should speak to your doctor about prescribing you a different one that will help.

MemberMember
(@lenlenlen)

Posted : 02/08/2015 5:47 pm

Hi HD and everyone reading this thread! I just wanted to let you kow that just last week I started taking cod liver oil and the results are amazing! My acne went down and healed by alomst 50%! So far I am happy with the results. I am gonna continuw with the CLO and still hope it would clear my acne.

Tadamasa liked
MemberMember
(@azarsega)

Posted : 02/09/2015 10:22 pm

I am currently dealing with those stupid blind pimples on my chin and jaw area.

I found out that when i ate any dairy, peanuts or bread (like a big portion of bread)...that within the week i had a new lump(s) on my chin.

I have cut down on dairy completely and eat gluten free meals and I have seen a decrease in pimples for sure.

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 02/10/2015 1:03 pm

My neck acne cleared up completely like 95% once I started taking zinc, d3, and omega3. I'm probably going to guess it was the zinc because according to face mapping, neck acne is related to an infection your body is fighting. And zinc is known to fight off bacteria that causes acne.

lenlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@worldtraveler27)

Posted : 03/02/2015 7:24 pm

I get acne there too; I stopped drinking coffee and it helped my acne alot, you could also try and switch your birth control.

MemberMember
(@kay789)

Posted : 03/03/2015 7:38 am

Birth control can help hormonal acne, but that does not mean it will be a complete cure for all cases of hormonal acne.

If you still suspect your acne is hormonal, i suggest you talk to your doctor about spironolactone. It is actually a blood pressure medicine, but used in small doses, it blocks androgens (male hormones) and has been extremely effective at treating female hormonal acne (and is generally very well tolerated - almost no side effects).

Also, this post from the hormone forum has lots of great info about hormonal acne:

Also, it's worth noting while chin and jawline acne is OFTEN hormone related, that is not always the case. I have heard many people say their chin and jawline acne was related to a food sensitivity. These are even harder to deal with, because the only way to really find out is to try cutting out various foods for a few weeks at a time to see if there is any improvement.