Notifications
Clear all

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation

MemberMember
(@laurmo)

Posted : 01/20/2015 5:56 pm

Hey guys,

I have a ton of red spots from leftover acne on my cheeks that seem to never fade. I've been calling it "hyperpigmentation" but I just went to a skin RN and she said it was "post inflammatory hyperpigmentation", and that "hyperpigmentation" is brown spots and spots from the sun, whereas post inflammatory hyperpigmentation is from cleared acne spots.

It's only been about a month since my face has cleared, but the spots are still there and crazy red. I've tried a bunch of random stuff... none that seem to really work.

If anyone has any good advice or products that worked for their post-acne redness, I would greatly appreciate it and any tips to help the redness go away!

Thanks!

Laura

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 01/20/2015 6:45 pm

My advice: don't screw around wit it. ask your derm what to do..I had acne for years and recently grew out of it...i didn't get for a couple of months and was left with red spots I listened to ppl on this thread and tried aha and all this other shit that was suggested...next thing I know I had severe acne for the first time in my life and now I'm starting my third month on accutane...ask your derm these questions.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/21/2015 9:52 am

i used to always get red marks from acne so after waiting years for them to go away i decided to get ipl treatments done to get rid of them. what they do is they use intense pulsed light to zap only the marks and then they lighten up after a few days. for me it would take between 2-3 treatments for them to be totally gone. it really depends on how many times they zap each spot and the intensity with how fast they go away but the procedure is the only thing that removes red marks for me. good luck

MemberMember
(@aman-brar)

Posted : 01/21/2015 9:59 am

Hydrocortisone 1% cream for 15 days . Your face will turn normal !

MemberMember
(@odoyo119)

Posted : 01/21/2015 9:03 pm

Having the same problem as you, i have read a lot of stuffs about getting rid of red/dark spots. Also Dan said that use sunscreen to minimize the visibility of spots. I'm currently using a red spot cream from Korea, so far it is working. Might want to give it a try.