Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bluelight

i just dunno why i have so many clogged pores!

My acne stays pretty much the same everyday. I hate it. My skin's just so bumpy BUT NOTHING HAPPENS AT ALL. I hate it, I'd rather have them come out and end it once and for all. Do facials help, or do derms help you extract it? I don't want too much fuss. Best if I could just do something to them on my own.

You have what derms call grade II acne.It can take a while to loosen those impactions out of your skin.You need to get that skin peeling.You could do Dan's regimen start out slow and as your skin gets accustomed to the drying keep upping the amount and frequency of your treatment.You could add other agents to peel, such as AHAs and BHAs.Even though I'm not a big Retin-A fan myself, it can really help the peeling process for folks with your type of skin.If your skin tends to be sensitive you could have a derm go with Differin over Retin -A.

skin peeling? what's retin A, is it a cream? i'm currently using travit A, it's kind of a cream. i dun find any ahas around where i live. i used differin gel but found it drying and not helping much.

I found the C&C blackhead scrub in conjunction with the C&C continuous control has definitely made a dramatic impact on the number of blackheads i have! Check out blochas regimen.

skin peeling? what's retin A, is it a cream? i'm currently using travit A, it's kind of a cream. i dun find any ahas around where i live. i used differin gel but found it drying and not helping much.

It's just too bad that I don't have any friends who go to a derm here, I must go looking by myself. There's actually one at my school, I went to him once and he just gave me climacydin. Ugh. My skin can't take drying products--it'll just become itchy and I'll get even more irritated. How does it 'peel'?? It's not equivalent to using scrubs does it? I don't like salicylic acid, and I don't use the regimen.

If your skin is sensitive, you could try some products that are usually used for anti aging since they are more appropriate for people with drier more delicate skin. I use Nucelle products from skincarerx.com, but I don't know if after shipping and customs charges if that is realistic for you where you live.But, if you go that route, you could use their 10% mandelic acid serum which is pretty effective but safe for drier and darker skin tones.Nucelle.com sells it too.Dermalogica makes a couple products that might help you, Gentle Cream Exfoliant and Daily Microfoliant.Several companies on the Web sell Dermalogica products. It is tough to have sensitive skin and the acne.I hope you find something that helps.

Hi,

I'm Asian too (of course) and I have a terrible problem with clogged pores. I have found that the absolute best thing for them is chemical peels. They do really deep clean the pores and also exfoliate and stimulate collagen growth for scar reduction. My acne could be classified as moderate to severe and I had it for 19 years. I used to have CONSTANT acne cysts for years, dozens at a time, always in the same locations and generally in the same pores too. As soon as one would heal another would form, and it would take sometimes a year before they would go away. They would leave me with huge scars. My skin used to be as bumpy as Edwin James Olmos when he did Miami Vice. However, with doing weekly peels of first lactic acid and then glycolic, I have improved my scars by about 95% in 2 years. I rarely get any acne anymore, and generally if I do it is only a small whitehead, although I sometimes get skin infections from them.

Chemical peels have solved my problem of super oily skin and super thick sebum that creates massive clogs that create the acne cysts. Also, I use a blackhead remover tool that I got from the drugstore to gently pop out any existing pore clogs. Remember, not all blackheads are actually black. Some are not visible but you can feel them when you run your finger over the skin surface. The tool is basically a small wire loop on a handle that when you press it around the clog, forces the clog to pop up out of the pore. It is a fantastic tool that everyone should have. You would be surprised at how many clogs you can remove from your pores every day. Even just using the tool you should be able to clear up alot of your acne.

koreaninnj: You say you do chemical peels every week, doesnt that get expensive? Do you go to a derm to have them done? Or do you use a over the counter peel?

I get clogged pores also which don't get inflamed but just hang around. Very freakin' annoying. Try Estee Lauder idealist Skin refinisher, its a non acid exfoliater it uses sugar instead..It really helped with some oiliness and exfoiated my skin with zero irritation. Also try using a glycolic acid facial wash several times a week for deeper exfoliation and stick with it for a couple weeks. I thought none of it was working the first week, but once that dead skin gradually exfloliates allowing cells/oil to more easily unclog you can really see a diff.

Check out my post on these two products and on Murad purskin vitamins. I have sensitive skin too and hate irritation or discomfort. And I'm sensitive to salycilic acid so...these things have not irritated me

Hiya smile.gif Thanks for the replies

Where do you find glycolic acid? It's getting really annoying when nothing happens (touchwood!), that I just squeeze them and make a mess out of my face. Stupid face (skin)! I've moderate acne, I think, hopefully nothing too harsh and suits my skin...

smile.gifsmile.gif

hey aout the clogged pores, what i did was just wash it with a dove bar for sensitive skin and it went away in about 3 weeks...the C&C blackhead product made me breakout for some reason!

wow congrats on that! i've actually tried QV cleanser for sensitive skin, no use, moreover it doesn't clean my face v.well. i'll see if i've dove bar anywhere around my area, i think i've only seen those in liquid form though (for the time being i'm just sharing facial wash with my mum and sometimes using neutrogena deep clean--ugh). i read somewhere abt someone who kept cycling and his whiteheads are gone in 3 wks! better do some exercise, me...