Notifications
Clear all

Johnson & Johnson Baby Sunscreen

MemberMember
(@odoyo119)

Posted : 01/18/2015 7:28 pm

Hi guys! Just wanted to ask if this is good as a sunscreen. yes, i know it's for babies but as much as possible, i want to use products that have no or few chemicals in it. I've used Neutrogena before and it's really strong and caused me more breakouts. So if any of you have any thoughts about this, please let me know! Thank you so much! <3post-445615-0-31586900-1421627322.jpg

MemberMember
(@aman-brar)

Posted : 01/19/2015 1:29 am

You need moisturizer if your skin is dry n Sunscreen if you r skin is sensitive . Your face is breaking out and you are using sunscreen & moisturizer? Hey stop it ! There is no logic behind appyling sunscreen you don't need to apply moisturizer on oily or normal skin or to use sunscreen in summers becz sunscreen will give you acnes acnes nd acnes . Non oily sunscreen doesn't mean that it not contains oils. Do you think every good looking person uses sunscreen ? Now its your choice do whatever you want to do . I will suggest you to use only moisturizer only if needed .

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 01/19/2015 2:50 am

I'm sorry but the post above this is wrong on many levels. You need SPF if you spend significant time in the sun. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have acne than a big chunk taken out of my face from skin cancer surgery, or be dead (because melanoma spreads quickly and is pretty much deadly if caught after stage 2). Secondly, sunscreen doesn't necessarily break you out. Thirdly, even oily skin can be flakey and clog pores - so a moisturizer is good. Lastly, people with DRY skin get acne too. It's a common misconception, but dry, sensitive skin is prone to not letting sebum escape pores, trapping it there and causing yucky inflammed pimples.

What are the ingredients? I think you should spot test it on a part of your face and see if it causes irritation. I had a bad run-in with Neutrogena's baby sunscreen, so I'd be hesitant. Baby products are supposed to be mild but they also can be more heavy-duty. You might also look into something from Almay or something from France. I don't know what it is, but French women love their skin care. La Roche Posay?

odoyo119 liked
MemberMember
(@aman-brar)

Posted : 01/19/2015 8:16 am

If you use sunscreen daily with spf 50 or plus nd you got skin cancer , then ??? Persons who not use sunscreen even in the summers got cancer ?

Don"t play with your skin , Be Natural !

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 01/20/2015 10:41 am

If you use sunscreen daily with spf 50 or plus nd you got skin cancer , then ??? Persons who not use sunscreen even in the summers got cancer ?

Don"t play with your skin , Be Natural !

I can't even decipher what you're trying to communicate here.

But here's one of the many problems with the "caveman approach". The world has changed. The Ozone layer is thin and full of steadily growing holes. Our exposure to harmful UVB rays has thus multiplied tenfold. There's more need for protection than there was before humans wrecked the environment.

Here's another: We don't know if early humans ever got cancer but they lived to be about 30 years old. We also don't know if they used a form of sunscreen (they had more hair though). We do know that many indigenous people use clay and other natural products to protect their skin from the sun.

odoyo119 liked
MemberMember
(@aman-brar)

Posted : 01/20/2015 11:57 am

You can use sunscreen lotion "Calapure" ( Calamine + light liquid parrafin +aloe vera )

MemberMember
(@odoyo119)

Posted : 01/20/2015 1:36 pm

I'm just wondering if baby products are good to use on a day to day basis.

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 01/21/2015 4:51 pm

I don't see why they wouldn't be, as long as your skin doesn't have a negative reaction to them.

odoyo119 liked
MemberMember
(@odoyo119)

Posted : 01/21/2015 6:17 pm

I don't see why they wouldn't be, as long as your skin doesn't have a negative reaction to them.

Ok! thanks so much!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/21/2015 6:52 pm

I would look for a 'non-comedogenic' one. I use badger's

MemberMember
(@odoyo119)

Posted : 01/21/2015 8:45 pm

probably would look for that one too. But is it fine to use like baby products?

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 01/23/2015 10:52 am

Why would it not be all right? They tend to be very focused on holding moisture in baby's skin, so you want to make sure it's non-comedogenic but it's perfectly fine to use baby products. What do you fear would happen?

MemberMember
(@odoyo119)

Posted : 01/23/2015 10:53 pm

Why would it not be all right? They tend to be very focused on holding moisture in baby's skin, so you want to make sure it's non-comedogenic but it's perfectly fine to use baby products. What do you fear would happen?

because i've used Aveeno before. And it says its non comedogenic but it still broke me out. So im hesitating of using any products at all. :(