Motivation To Conti...

Notifications
Clear all

Motivation To Continue Is Waning

MemberMember
(@rgilfillan)

Posted : 01/18/2015 4:15 pm

Could anyone review what has been going on for me?

I've been doing the regimen for almost 3 weeks. On the guide chart on the main regimen page it says in week 1 skin is red and itchy but by the end of week 2/3 it becomes less so.

I do think that my spots are a little better, but not so noticeably. For example is was not uncommon for my skin to fluctuate between being fairly good and being horrendous - the change is no different to a fairly good influx.

But what is noticeable, is that true to the guidance in the first week my skin was itchy and a little red. But now almost in week 3, my skin seriously burns. I've only increased the amount of Benzoyl Peroxide by a miniscule amount because of how much it hurts, but since I started doing it twice a day, my skin is very red and very itchy, and it hurts - a lot. It is a Sunday night while I write this, and last Friday evening, after doing the regimen; I have never experienced so much pain in my face in my life, as I did then. It was the single worst night of my life. I got through it without ripping my face to shreds, which was a small consideration, and have now reduced the amount slightly.

One thing I also noticed, is that I have very small spots on my temples (not particularly close to the eye area it says to avoid) but I have had to stop using it on my temples because the pain became too much. I still have flaky skin around my eye sockets too. My skin is super itchy and really quite red and I'm getting really tired of my face just constantly hurting all day and all night.

Is everything I have done up to par with the regimen? And also given how much it hurts it is hard to make myself continue - will it ease because I thought it would have by now?

Thank you if you have read this far!

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 01/18/2015 7:52 pm

The first few months can feel like a roller coaster ride, and it may take up to three months of strict use before you see really good results.

BUT, the pain you are describing is not normal. A bit of itchiness and a burning sensation is common in the beginning but it should never be as painful as you described. Please discontinue and see your doctor for advice.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 01/18/2015 8:44 pm

If your skin was not terribly irritated when you were using BP once a day, I would return to using it just once per day. That may be all you need to experience clearing skin. Try that for several weeks and see how you do.

MemberMember
(@aman-brar)

Posted : 01/18/2015 10:32 pm

Your face will be turn super normal in 2-3 days .use Hydrocortisone 1% cream for 7 days. You will get rid of redness, burning , dryness in 2-3 days but totally in 7 days & then you can again start your acne and spot treatment So there is no need to worry you are not going through different pain its common in all who use Retinoid or other treatments .