Notifications
Clear all

Accutane And Hives?

MemberMember
(@shellbelle11)

Posted : 01/17/2015 1:34 pm

Hi! I'm 33 and started Accutane 6 days ago. I also started omega 3 with Krill oil at the same time. On the forth day I came home from the gym and notices hives on my stomach legs and feet. I jumped in the shower and washed with cetiphil Gentle and the hives went away. I was thinking my sweating was interaction with my cerave lotion or something. I took my Accutane that night and all was good. Woke up the next day and took my omega 3 with Krill oil and soon after noticed hives reappearing on my stomach. I then took a Benadryl and called the dermatologist. She prescribed me prednisone and told me to stop the omega 3 with krill oil. It's hard to know if the hives are from that or the accutane. My question is has anyone gotten hives from the Accutane?? Could I be allergic to it? I'm praying its the omega 3 but can't find much info about anyone being allergic to Accutane. I woke up today with hives again and haven't taken the omega 3 since yesterday. Not sure how long it stays in your system though... Any knowledge is greatly appreciated!

MemberMember
(@wanwan1)

Posted : 01/17/2015 8:27 pm

i've also had this issue before! when I took accutane last year, periodically at nights hives/rash appeard all over my body, and I was quite scared. This was one of the most scariest side effect that i've experience. However, I'm not sure if it was becaust of the accutane. At that time I took accutane, traditional chinese medicine and antibiotic at the same time(I was in China and the doc over there cant be trusted, no blood test etc....)!!! Me and my doc decided to stop the treatment.

Now when I'm back in my homecountry I went for an another accutane treatment. No creepy sideeffects and so far its good! If you have further questions, feel free to ask me.

MemberMember
(@abfromdubai)

Posted : 07/15/2019 1:45 pm

On 1/17/2015 at 10:34 PM, shellbelle11 said:

Hi! I'm 33 and started Accutane 6 days ago. I also started omega 3 with Krill oil at the same time. On the forth day I came home from the gym and notices hives on my stomach legs and feet. I jumped in the shower and washed with cetiphil Gentle and the hives went away. I was thinking my sweating was interaction with my cerave lotion or something. I took my Accutane that night and all was good. Woke up the next day and took my omega 3 with Krill oil and soon after noticed hives reappearing on my stomach. I then took a Benadryl and called the dermatologist. She prescribed me prednisone and told me to stop the omega 3 with krill oil. It's hard to know if the hives are from that or the accutane. My question is has anyone gotten hives from the Accutane?? Could I be allergic to it? I'm praying its the omega 3 but can't find much info about anyone being allergic to Accutane. I woke up today with hives again and haven't taken the omega 3 since yesterday. Not sure how long it stays in your system though... Any knowledge is greatly appreciated!

Hi, i would like to know if this was cured. Because i too started a course of Isotretinoin a month ago and started noticing visible hives 15 days into the treatment. I continued taking isotretinoin along with an anti-histamine. After completing 1 month of treatment i still couldn't get rid of the hives and discontinued isotretinoin. It been about 15days now of stopping the drug but my hives still continue. Is it because of the isotretinoin that triggered it, how long is it going to last ?

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/15/2019 7:00 pm

People

Are you SURE the problem is hives. Accutane can (possibly/likely) cause fungal conditions on skin ... You may have a fungal condition caused by taking the accutane.

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne, and I have extensive experience with fungal acne, in particular. I am a scientist (not a medical doctor). I provide information based on my extensive experience with fungal acne, and some experience with gram negative acne.