Notifications
Clear all

Please Help Me! Acne Scars

MemberMember
(@rey-de-reyes)

Posted : 01/17/2015 10:14 am

I want to know a few things as I am new to this site. Let me rephrase I joined long time ago but was never active because I didn't see much help or refuge here but reading all these topics about acne scars treatments diet etc caught my interest. Ok back to the topic I want help finding out what type of acne scars i have and how I can treat it. My guess is I have some rolling but can u ladies and gents help. I have a light browning complexion, tannish at birth, am of Peruvian descent and lastly got these scars 3 years ago at the age of 19; had moderate acne since I was 15. The funny thing is I actually prefer the acne than the scars :/ weird ehh lol. I am feeling down. My only regret was allowing my face to scar I should've treated earlier and more effective. For now I just put honey for any zits that come once in a whit have good diet, lots of water vitamin c, good sleep workout. Any Thing to add? Thanks for reading this guys :)

post-110853-0-81422700-1421507542_thumb.

post-110853-0-24394500-1421507565_thumb.

post-110853-0-11699100-1421507594_thumb.

MemberMember
(@aman-brar)

Posted : 01/17/2015 1:04 pm

Hey ! Can u tell me about which scars you are talking ? Red spots on face ? If yes then you should use a steriod to get rid of red spots use hydrocortisone1% ( only for a week or 2 ) cream to get rid of these red spots in reality they are not scars ....n i can see acnes on your face with 3-4 scars so you should use Adapalene 1% gel to get rid of acnes

MemberMember
(@eternalminded)

Posted : 01/17/2015 1:19 pm

Sup Rey I'm new to this site too. After applying topical isotretanoin every day for 3 months I obtained so many red acne marks that covered both sides of my cheeks. I stopped seeing the derm and realized pharmaceutical drugs are not the answer. 9 months after stopping topical drugs I applied only Manuka honey and emu oil. But still have so many red marks, uneven skin tone blothy red skin. Well about 2 months ago I was led to the caveman regimen were I apply nothing to my skin and just flake off dead skin from time to time. Still noticing I was receiving pimples I learned that when I removed dairy grains acidic foods I was no longer reviewing acne. And when I fall off and eat quesadillas and cheese I break out. I know diet is the one biggest factor now. So for about 2 months I been buying organic fruits and vegetables and blending them in smoothies. And if I'm still hungry there are some organic restaurants in Houston I'll eat at. And I drink a gallon of water everyday now. I eat or drink nothing else until my immune system will heal the redness. I have been faithful to this regimen for about one month now. And that is excercise and sweat, gallon of water everyday, and organic fruits and vegetables diet, and caveman regimen all combined faithfully. Using raw or Manuka honey is great, but I just use it as a spot treatment when I get a pimple from eating dairy or something when I know I shouldn't have. As for your case which is scars the scars will look so much better with having no acne and no red marks. Then slowly I'm sure the pitted scars will look better as time heals the body. I personally never gone through something like this. It's very challenging for me to live life confidently. But it's brought me closer to the living Son of God. I struggle with this all the time I also have learned that water fasting for a number of days/weeks combined with raw organic foods will help the immune system work faster. So the question is how long do we want to suffer from acne,scars,red marks,uneven skin tone?? 3-5 years? Then keep seeing the misinformed dermatologist who says diet and acne have no correlation but here keep using this retin-a for a few more years. Or how bout having no skin issues permanently in about a year or so of being faithful in organic fruits/vegetables drinking a gallon of water a day and never applying anything to our skin ever again. My journey started a month ago of this new diet. I am excited to see how my skin looks a year from now. But I have a lot of pink skin and pink spots all over my cheeks. This is about the best most honest advice I can share. Our immune system is powerful you just have to let it heal the skin...

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/17/2015 8:11 pm

ummm i dont see any scars at all in that lighting

doesnt look severe enough to me

youre good to go

MemberMember
(@rey-de-reyes)

Posted : 01/17/2015 11:37 pm

Wow brother. This is by far the best answer I seen on this site. I think we might be related Eternalmind. You are right it's all physical mental spiritual and we have keeps our heads up and trust in our lords Jesus. Many will say this is crap because of how acne affected their life in the worst ways but hey nothing we can do and move on and continue a healthy regimen. This picture I took was also a caveman regimen, I have not put anything on face for two month so obviously hormonal acne sporadically appears but like u said I am hoping it will go away with sheer diet excessive and stress free. If I do put honey or lemon juice or whatever acne disappears next day but it eventually goes away in a few days because of my strict diet. To AmAnBar ur right I might need those treatments but I haven't gone to a Derm in a long time so I would have to be a hundred percent sure with him. Although it may not look like scars it sure feels like it :/. To conclude Im not really depressed but it's bothersome and the only regret I have is not treating my acne early :( . Well gotta live my life. More support would be appreciated and I know this is off topic but can someone invent a cure for acne lol. Thanks for reading :)

Leading force thanks for the input but should I have any treatments for the red marks because they are bothersome. My face will turn more red than these pics and keep in mind I'm Spanish. My dad has a really dark complexion my mom a tan one. Any over the counter recommendations would be appreciated. I'm 22 so there's hope thx

MemberMember
(@aman-brar)

Posted : 01/18/2015 5:11 am

Use hydrocortisone 1% cream for 2 weeks , you will be fully cured from redness

MemberMember
(@eternalminded)

Posted : 01/18/2015 2:48 pm

Go caveman and just use raw honey as a spot treatment. Don't use lemon juice cuz our skin is very sensitive from topicals. Anything that makes your skin red is an irritant. Even tap water will make your skin red so go caveman, and use a bottle of water or purified water to touch your face cuz we have destroyed our protective barrier of our skin. I personally go caveman extreme and only use purified water on my face once every three months. But the biggest factor is being faithful in a strict diet and drinking a gallon of water everyday with some sunlight about 30 minutes a day but not too much. Excercise and sweat a lot the plant based diet will do you wonders. But give it atleast a year to notice the skin tone to work it's way back to its original color. If you keep using retin-a or isotretanoin topically or orally you will develop more red irritated skin. Then the derm will say since you have Rosacea now here try these topical steroids. And before you apply anymore topicals please google"topical steroid withdrawal" these people after going through all the topicals all are now no longer seeing their derms and focusing on their diets/water/excercise and allowing time for their immune system to heal their "red skin syndrome". As people suffering we generally like quick fixes which the doctors promise to give us but these things are too good to be true. Rather we should allow a more permanent solution to heal us of skin issues for the long run. The longer you use topicals the longer it will take to heal from the redness caused by them. I feel bad for many derms tho... They go spend a lot of money to go to school to be derms only to be misinformed about the root cause of skin issues which is the gut, what we eat and put in our bodies. A good book to read is "The China Study" it makes so much sense. And as for your mental game goes try to focus on the long term effect of what your skin will look like after allowing your body to heal rather than what it looks like now. I'm glad I could be of any help. Good luck and as I said earlier my journey started a month ago from eating healthy so the future will only be much brighter...