Notifications
Clear all

What Acne.org Has Done For All Of Us?

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 01/15/2015 11:54 pm

I'm a Vet! (2400 users online)

This will be my last topic for a long time. I only do topics if I feel necessary, but I'ma chill on that stuff for now.

So, I'm not trying to kiss acne.org's or ass or anything, but I was surprised to see no one created a topic like this before. Acne.org has done so much for me and others over the years. Two people even met and got married on it! So I just wanted to create this out of appreciation, and for everyone to share their stories on how this website changed their lives. For me, it helped me on my path to clear my acne.

Short summary of my experience:

Got acne at 11, turned cystic at 12, started using acne.org at 16 when I got tired of acne ruining my experiences.

I thought masturbation caused my acne when I was 16. I came on here and saw the 100 day abstinance from masturbation challenge (which was hell) and failed miserably all the way through age 17. At 18, I saw a post on here about vitamin D supplements. Around that time, I figured I should heal from the inside and figure out what is wrong with my body for me to have acne. I fell in love with someone, which helped me to stop masturbating. I didn't even realize it until I realized I went 2 weeks without doing it. So I studied food allergies and saw a naturopath. I got a food sensitivity test and since then, I've been clear when not cheating on my boring shitty diet.

I'm also a veggetarian since May 23 or 24. I know it's unrelated. Whatever.

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 01/16/2015 12:02 am

Acne.org did two things for me..one good and one bad. The bad was first so I'll start with that. I had some red marks on my face from prior acne but I was pretty clear acne wise. I came to acne.org to try to find a way to speed up the process of getting rid of the red marks..well that sent me down a really shitty road of using product after product that was being recommended by the well-meaning posters of acne.org. Next thing I know my face exploded worse then it ever has....I knew it was caused by all these products so I stopped using them for three months...the exploding acne did not stop and it became severe. Now I'm on accutane and use acne.org for support which is extremely helpful. I'm gonna stick to taking advice solely from my derm from here on out though.