Notifications
Clear all

Should I Take Complete Acne Treatment? Accutane Safe For Me ?

MemberMember
(@rocky93)

Posted : 01/15/2015 7:14 pm

Hi everyone I actually never had spots in my life untill I moved to England where I started having breakouts and I started creams and gels and sometimes tablets for few weeks and used to get rid of it sometimes my skin was so clear that i didn't even have one spot
But last year I got it back and I stick to my diet and daily gym routine I went to the dermatologists he told me to take accutane and I have been readings side effects and got really scared
I want to get rid of spots forever Eventhough I just have them on right cheek about 4-6 spots and 2 scars and rest of the face is almost clear sometimes breakouts on left cheek . I have been changing my pillow cases. Had Allergic test, clean my phone but it seems like nothing is helping me . Currently I am just using tee tree oil and thibking to start accutane . He perscribed me 10mg a day I took it for one week but still scared to take if furzher i dont want to make it worse and get all these side effects but doctor is been saying this will only help eventhough I have got few pimpels like mild acne ..... Can anyone suggest me what to do ?? helppp ! Hellp

MemberMember
(@maryc)

Posted : 01/15/2015 9:51 pm

Hi! I'm surprised you've been prescribed Accutane for such a mild acne. Have you tried antibiotics? Creams like Retin A or Differin? 10 mg is very low, I suppose you would be on it for almost a year?

If you take it, expect to get worst. That is just normal! things will get better over time. You have to be comfortable with your decision whatever it is. I took 4 years to decide to give it a try. I'm on my second month at 60 mg/day and no horrible side effects.

Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@rocky93)

Posted : 01/16/2015 9:32 pm

Yeah I have tried all creams like differin , duac etc. But couldn't get rid of them fully. Always have 4-5 spots

I don't wanna risk it by taking accunntane still confused because 4-8 red spots are not bad I suppose my doctor just perscribed me for one month he told me to take them and he said it might go forever but I am still scared imagine it gets worse what do u suggest me ? Shall I risk just for 4-8 pimpels on right cheek ? Thank you for the help

MemberMember
(@maryc)

Posted : 01/16/2015 10:18 pm

Do you have another appointment with him in one month? I've never read about anyone taking Accutane for just one month!

MemberMember
(@rocky93)

Posted : 01/17/2015 1:38 am

Yes I do have an appointment but it looks like all dermatologists here are not even interesting to give me proper treatment maybe because it's not that bad I am not sure

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 01/17/2015 9:47 am

Hi

Im on accutane

Im 2 mnth in for mild acne (but persistant)

I was dealing with it for 4 yrs and tried oral antibiotics as well as every OTC and rx topical out there

Even though I have more mild acne (I would have say 3-5 spots at all times..but dont think I ever went 3 weeks without a new breakout)

This was using BP all over my face 1-2x a day as preventative which made mys kin red/dry

anyway, even though my breakouts might be considered mild my Dr suggested tane end this cycle (hopefully) forever

But I am on the same dose/duration as anyone else

I have to say it hasnt been easy but im hoping it worth it

My lips and dryness is fine..skin isnt even peeling

My biggest issue with tane has been feeling lethargic and the 2, initial breakouts I had when I upped my dosage

I didnt have anymore breakouts than usual..the same 3-5 spots at all times

but they were MONSTER breakouts..scary ugly things!!

GL

I would consider low dose and talk to your dr about proper amount of time..because at such a low dose to get the cumulative dose would take about a year

kim