Notifications
Clear all

Female: Accutane & Period's.

MemberMember
(@lostandconfused)

Posted : 01/15/2015 6:44 pm

Hi There,

I started Accutane back in September. I didn't go on birth control for health concern's which my doctor know's of. my period's been irregular all my life, sometime's 2-3 month's late. I took accutane September-December (4 month's) and didn't get my period at all. I have been sexually active but I've used protection and taken regular pregnancy test's, no sign's of symptom's of pregnancy. I've been done accutane for about a month, and still no period. I've had usual period symptom's but hasn't come, I've been having red/brown-ish discharge like every second week, usually come's when I'm done my peroid but I haven't gotten it. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and if it's normal? I thought maybe it's like a very light peroid because I get it when I have peroid symptom's. TIA!

MemberMember
(@maryc)

Posted : 01/15/2015 9:38 pm

Hi! If it's normal for you to be irregular, it's hard to tell if Accutane has something to do with it. My period was 1 week earlier on my first month of Accutane but it's back to normal now. You should talk with your doctor about it...irregular periods can be the sign of a health problem like PCOs. Good luck!

legomom liked
MemberMember
(@jessica-m)

Posted : 07/08/2016 1:00 pm

Im 14 and I've been having regular periods ever since I started at 9 years old. Ever since I started my course of accutane I have been irregular, my last period was in May and its July and I'm on my third month of accutane, I know for sure it has nothing to do with pregnancy, and/or birth control since i am abstinent. As this is not normal for me to miss my monthly period I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing!