Notifications
Clear all

Scars Are Ruining Me

MemberMember
(@pond68)

Posted : 01/14/2015 3:15 am

I'm 17, female and in college. My life is stressful as it is at the moment. In a previous post I explained how I've had acne for around 6 years now, even when the spots aren't there it's clear that I don't have good skin, and honestly it's killing me.

My self confidence is shattered, I won't talk to people long enough for them to look at me, I turn away during conversations, I cover my face with anything possible, my hand, a scarf etc.

whilst compared to some my scars are moderate and I guess I shouldn't complain, but it has ruined me completely. I don't know what to do, I'm young and I can't afford laser treatment or skin peels. I spend almost all of my time looking on cosmetic surgery websites and skin clinics...if anyone has any advice please, please help me.

MemberMember
(@wrocky)

Posted : 01/14/2015 5:09 am

I'm 17, female and in college. My life is stressful as it is at the moment. In a previous post I explained how I've had acne for around 6 years now, even when the spots aren't there it's clear that I don't have good skin, and honestly it's killing me.

My self confidence is shattered, I won't talk to people long enough for them to look at me, I turn away during conversations, I cover my face with anything possible, my hand, a scarf etc.

whilst compared to some my scars are moderate and I guess I shouldn't complain, but it has ruined me completely. I don't know what to do, I'm young and I can't afford laser treatment or skin peels. I spend almost all of my time looking on cosmetic surgery websites and skin clinics...if anyone has any advice please, please help me.

Where are you from? There are different treatments available in Europe vs the US for example. I can probably give you some advice as I have done many treatments. Also what type of scars do you have? Any pictures?

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 01/14/2015 5:58 am

Isn't makeup enough to cover the scars? Do you have any pictures? Women over-exaggerate everything.

Also, are they actual scars (holes in your skin) or just flat dark spots left over from acne?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/14/2015 6:46 am

yep this woman does go overboard on how I think others view my scars, but I think that is an acne curse to men and women

so Pond68 please be brave enough to post a little picture...if you have rolling scars go to the owndoc.com forum and read up about derma stamping or rolling- I've been doing this for years and it's cheap and easy....of course progress takes time, but if you don't get started you'll never see anything!

TCA peels too are a great thing to do monthly, but don't go crazy and don't go above 12% to start....go slow on everything till you see how YOUR skin reacts, then build up from there

put together a plan over the next 6-12 months of what you'll do, rolling/stamping monthly and 2 weeks apart from that a mild TCA peel monthly....get going on your journey to scar revision, nothing like having a plan

and look on line on you tube at how to camoflague acne and scars....good luck to you!! come back with questions, we all want to help, but a picture would help us help you

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@imad)

Posted : 01/14/2015 7:09 am

Indeed it does, im 23 haven't been living since 16, would be a different person without em, what can ya do make the most of what u have gunna die either way so fuk it

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 01/14/2015 8:35 am

yep this woman does go overboard on how I think others view my scars, but I think that is an acne curse to men and women

so Pond68 please be brave enough to post a little picture...if you have rolling scars go to the owndoc.com forum and read up about derma stamping or rolling- I've been doing this for years and it's cheap and easy....of course progress takes time, but if you don't get started you'll never see anything!

TCA peels too are a great thing to do monthly, but don't go crazy and don't go above 12% to start....go slow on everything till you see how YOUR skin reacts, then build up from there

put together a plan over the next 6-12 months of what you'll do, rolling/stamping monthly and 2 weeks apart from that a mild TCA peel monthly....get going on your journey to scar revision, nothing like having a plan

and look on line on you tube at how to camoflague acne and scars....good luck to you!! come back with questions, we all want to help, but a picture would help us help you

Judging from her thread: , I'm almost 100% sure its just post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 01/14/2015 9:32 am

Learn how to have some confidence.. You're telling all this to people on an acne forum, who most likely have acne lol.

If this is a legit post, put up some pictures so we can see where you're at

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/14/2015 1:28 pm

Go for Vbeam Perfecta. It's AMAZING for red scars, erythema. I get 15-20% improvement per treatment. it even treats acne quite well.

Also, if you scars are show slight atrophy -

Here's a study that shows Vbeam treating new/fresh atrophic scars caused by ongoing acne - successfully. http://www.medicallaseronline.com/PDFs/VBeam/CLINICAL_BULLETIN_Treatment_of_Acne_Scars.pdf

I'm sure she has red marks & hyper pigmentation rather then actual scars.

Pond68 liked
MemberMember
(@pond68)

Posted : 01/14/2015 5:26 pm

Isn't makeup enough to cover the scars? Do you have any pictures? Women over-exaggerate everything.

Also, are they actual scars (holes in your skin) or just flat dark spots left over from acne?

Yes they are actual scars, not just red marks..I have ice pick scars covering my checks and nose& I have rolling scars down my left cheek just under my cheekbone

Where are you from? There are different treatments available in Europe vs the US for example. I can probably give you some advice as I have done many treatments. Also what type of scars do you have? Any pictures?

I'm from England, I have both ice pick and rolling scars covering most of my cheeks and ice pick scars on my nose..lately I've notices scars on my temples and also slight indents on my chin, i will do my best to take a picture and to show you. As I know several people must think I'm over reacting I assure you I am not, this is difficult for me to even talk about so I'm not comfortable just yet to showcase my skin

As you can see I have ice pick scars central on my cheeks and rolling scars around the cheekbone

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 01/14/2015 8:06 pm

Yes they are actual scars, not just red marks..I have ice pick scars covering my checks and nose& I have rolling scars down my left cheek just under my cheekbone

>

I'm from England, I have both ice pick and rolling scars covering most of my cheeks and ice pick scars on my nose..lately I've notices scars on my temples and also slight indents on my chin, i will do my best to take a picture and to show you. As I know several people must think I'm over reacting I assure you I am not, this is difficult for me to even talk about so I'm not comfortable just yet to showcase my skin

As you can see I have ice pick scars central on my cheeks and rolling scars around the cheekbone

image.jpg

Can't really see it too well, looks like theres no scars from this angle lol. You got any other pictures?