Notifications
Clear all

What Treatments To Do Once You Got Lot Of Money To Spend!

MemberMember
(@one_day_if_god_wills)

Posted : 01/13/2015 11:33 am

Hey everyone

I have been on and off the acne.org boards for several years, I have suffered from acne scars for the past 9 years and now i finally have saved up several thousands of pounds for the best scar treatment performed by the best surgeon

so my question is if money isnt an issue and only scars are the issue which treatment/s to go for and by whom?

I have ice pick scars and boxcar scars

If i get good responses I will be documenting my scar treatments once i begin hopfully within the next 3 months

forgot to add that is if i find the right surgeon, i really want to get the scars excised via the scalpel method, if miramaar reads this please could you pm me your surgeon for scar excision as yours sounds like he knows scarring well.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 01/13/2015 12:47 pm

If your doctor tries to persuade you to do fraxel, don't accept it. I had 4 sessions of fraxel and I can say that they didn't do much for my ice pick and boxcar, and they're not worth the price. I don't think anyone had seen good improvement of their ice pick/boxcar from any laser treatment, so I guess you should avoid all lasers since you'll just be wasting your time. I'm about to get subcision for my rolling and Tca cross for my icepicks, hopefully the results are good.

MemberMember
(@imad)

Posted : 01/14/2015 1:44 am

But was it duel fracal or just normal fracel

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 01/14/2015 12:30 pm

I have no idea, their website doesn't specify but I know they used a stronger setting on me since they saw my acne scars were pretty bad

MemberMember
(@smackdat2)

Posted : 01/14/2015 6:15 pm

it would say that excision(cut them out) first of all the ( easier if they are in a group) then multiple laser treatments over the linear scars.

Get a good plastic surgeon. You'll always have scars, this way you can make them your own (linear scars with story) . Its easier to accept that way I believe. In time they will be like wrinkles

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/15/2015 9:29 am

you know i wanted to do excision on the raised scars on my chin but every plastic surgeon i have seen has told me that i will be left with worse scars and that they wont do it. i dont get it because my raised scars are all in a line in the middle of my chin so i think it would be easy to just cut those out and then have the line where the line is in the middle of my chin already. i do think the linear scars look so much better too.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 01/15/2015 10:28 pm

Excisions are not as straight forward as we'd like to think. They do work great when they do work, but when they fail it can turn out really bad. Plus, usually they have to cut an ellipse shape around the scar so that they can close the wound without the ends bunching up (which is called a dog ear deformity). This means that the incision is longer than the actual scar, so you are left with a longer although hopefully better looking scar.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/16/2015 12:14 am

I have no idea, their website doesn't specify but I know they used a stronger setting on me since they saw my acne scars were pretty bad

i dont get how people can do lasers without even knowing the name of it then tell others not to do it

guessing you dont know the exact setting too ?

MemberMember
(@imad)

Posted : 01/18/2015 11:57 pm

FROM MY reasech fraxel wont do much for scaring u need duel 1550 wave leaght and im doing 500 milcons and 300 on temples on taned skin

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/19/2015 9:55 pm

FROM MY reasech fraxel wont do much for scaring u need duel 1550 wave leaght and im doing 500 milcons and 300 on temples on taned skin

you have no idea what youre talking about ... fraxel dual 1550 is nonablative and those arent gonna do anything for acne scarring

go research again

MemberMember
(@random3r)

Posted : 01/22/2015 10:53 pm

I would get c02 on just the scars and not your whole face!! unless that is not possible as too many.. that way it is so much cheaper! You could also try fully ablative erbium at a high setting, similar effect to c02 but not as deep a treatment. Combine this with PRP (Vampire facial) injected into the scars and your results should be amazing! I have had c02 with and without PRP and it made no difference really (well a bit, but hardly) without it, and now even my worst scars are 50% filled in. There is still two that i want to have excised as i can see not matter how much they fill in they will always be slightly indented and a different texture.. they are all from chicken pox though. Hope that helps! If you have LOADS of money, go for Recell, its available in UK and germany and starts at £3.5k advertised price. A clinic in nottingham UK will do a skype consultation. I want to do this too but cannot afford it yet. Its not a miracle that will erase them but I think it probably the best you will get without excision. Hope that helps and is a nice selection of stuff :)

MemberMember
(@anonuser)

Posted : 01/23/2015 2:20 pm

If you had an unlimited budget and time:

Multiple treatments of a combination of excision, subcision, tca cross, prp and fillers on a scar by scar basis (with singular scar tests before doing the whole area). Followed up with multiple treatments of fractional co2 laser/dermabrasion + recell to finish everything up. You'd probably get 60-80% improvement.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/23/2015 2:29 pm

If you had an unlimited budget and time:

Multiple treatments of a combination of excision, subcision, tca cross, prp and fillers on a scar by scar basis (with singular scar tests before doing the whole area). Followed up with multiple treatments of fractional co2 laser/dermabrasion + recell to finish everything up. You'd probably get 60-80% improvement.

I think that would only be true if you have very severe scarring: like this acne-scars-1.jpg

MemberMember
(@anonuser)

Posted : 01/24/2015 11:04 am

I wouldn't really call that "severe" scarring - I think that's what most of us on the forum who actually have real scarring are dealing with. I'd give it like a 6/10.

Severe scarring IMO = what ernesto went through:

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/26/2015 3:55 am

Stem cell enriched fat grafting followed by subcision/dermapen/radio frequency.

MemberMember
(@imad)

Posted : 02/11/2015 4:56 am

you have no idea what youre talking about ... fraxel dual 1550 is nonablative and those arent gonna do anything for acne scarring

go research again

Sorry i should add i have tanned etinic skin, which duel fraxel 1550 is the best of dark skin type