Notifications
Clear all

Should I Keep Using Acv Toner Or Give Up?

MemberMember
(@emilyclaire)

Posted : 01/11/2015 4:35 pm

About a month ago I started using Rimmel Stay Matte powder on my face and my skin reacted horribly towards it. I now have tons of clogged pores all over my forehead, between my eyebrows and all along the sides and under my nose. These clogged pores WILL NOT GO AWAY

I came across a few sites when I was researching how to get rid of stubborn clogged pores that say that Apple Cider Vinegar is a miracle potion for the skin. So I thought I would try it and the first two days I used a mixture of 2/3 filtered bottled water, 1/3 Generic ACV and a few drops of this L'oreal age perfect oil I had laying around. First day I only applied at night after washing with my aveeno clear complexion cleanser then I applied the toner with toilet paper because I didn't have cotton balls available. I let it dry for about a minute and then followed with my aveeno clear complexion moisturizer. I did the same routine for the second night as well.

On the third day I decided to make a new mixture without the oil because for some reason I felt like the oil was making my skin worse. I made a new mixture with 2/3 bottled water and 1/3 ACV. I also started to apply the toner morning and night. I am now on the fourth day and my skin has never looked worse. I read about purging periods when people start this regimen but usually that happens on like the second week. I feel like my skin been getting worse day after day and even getting more oily. I had to blot the oil away twice yesterday and that never happens!

I'm wondering if this is just the initial purging that a lot of people experience or does my skin just not agree with the ACV? Is two times a day too much? Any input is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

MemberMember
(@artistily)

Posted : 06/04/2016 7:12 am

Hey there,

I started getting acne only a couple months ago (i'm 14) and I decided to do the no wash method and used only acv as a toner twice a day. I found that it only aggravated my acne and I decided to stop using it. I'm not sure if it was because I used ACV without 'the mother' in it but regardless it didn't improve my skin. Now I am still doing the no wash method and instead I am using jojoba oil once a day and it seems to be helping. And about the purging the difference between a purge and breakout is that a breakout will tend to be more clustered aggravated, red pimples whilst a purge will tend to be more consistently spread, small pimples which aren't irritated.

Hope this helps

MemberMember
(@avad499)

Posted : 06/04/2016 12:18 pm

I'd give it a week and then drop it. Everybody's skin is different, Personally I tried the ACV toner on my body acne I gave it two months, two different times and it made it horrible, I guess ACV and my skin just didn't agree. Also tried Coconut oil (which everyone raves about, and it works for my sister and mother) and it just made it horrible ( I knew it was the ACV then the Coconut oil cause as soon as I stopped like three days later my acne looked much better...like before i started the products lol). So what I'm trying to say is your skin might not agree with it, everyone's skin is different although I think you should at least give it a week, cause it may be purging. Best of luck to you hun!