Notifications
Clear all

I've Had The Same Acne For 4 Months. How Is This Possible? It Is Scarring My Skin? Any Advice Or Note Is Appreciated

MemberMember
(@gars19)

Posted : 01/11/2015 11:56 am

Basically this is how my forehead as looked for the past 4 months. Nothing has changed, what kind of acne is this? I don't understand how this can remain this long. I attached photos. By the way for the past two months I've been on doxycycline hyaclate and a harris 5 percent benzoyl peroxide face wash which obviously hasn't helpy my situation. Thank you for your time.

post-444980-0-37362000-1421509707_thumb.

MemberMember
(@thehyperpig)

Posted : 01/12/2015 1:28 am

How did it look before you started taking doxycycline hyaclate? It's really hard to tell without other photos to compare it with. It looks like small acne scars... or are they all active?

noche liked
MemberMember
(@gars19)

Posted : 01/12/2015 10:03 am

How did it look before you started taking doxycycline hyaclate? It's really hard to tell without other photos to compare it with. It looks like small acne scars... or are they all active?

It's looked the same before and after. They are just there, I don't think its active, if it was wouldn't it go away. Like I said it was there for four months.

MemberMember
(@thehyperpig)

Posted : 01/13/2015 4:59 am

It's looked the same before and after. They are just there, I don't think its active, if it was wouldn't it go away. Like I said it was there for four months.

I don't know how you feel, but in my honest opinion, it doesn't look bad. There are acne scars that take months to heal, upwards to 6-8months. I'm speaking from experience because my skin type is the right type for hyperpigmentation.

GarS19 liked
MemberMember
(@gars19)

Posted : 01/13/2015 3:56 pm

I don't know how you feel, but in my honest opinion, it doesn't look bad. There are acne scars that take months to heal, upwards to 6-8months. I'm speaking from experience because my skin type is the right type for hyperpigmentation.

Thanks. I know I have it better than most people but j just don't like all these marks on my forehead. So I wear hats sometimes, it just doesn't look good. I continue the medication for another two months. Hopefully it be better.

MemberMember
(@aman-brar)

Posted : 01/16/2015 1:46 pm

If they are active use " tea tree oil soap & apply Adapalene Microspheres Gel 0.1% at night time OR if they are only scars then use kojic acid cream at night time and use hydroquinone soap for clean.

MemberMember
(@gars19)

Posted : 01/17/2015 10:50 am

If they are active use " tea tree oil soap & apply Adapalene Microspheres Gel 0.1% at night time OR if they are only scars then use kojic acid cream at night time and use hydroquinone soap for clean.

A couple of them just became active actually, I'm still using the medication what was prescribed to me.

How did it look before you started taking doxycycline hyaclate? It's really hard to tell without other photos to compare it with. It looks like small acne scars... or are they all

active?

Quick update, I posted a new picture. So a couple of them just became active esp the one on the top of my noose. Why all of a sudden? What could this me? Does it have to do with the medication?

MemberMember
(@aman-brar)

Posted : 01/17/2015 12:25 pm

Can you tell me which medic. U are using ?

MemberMember
(@gars19)

Posted : 01/17/2015 12:40 pm

harris 5 percent benzoyl peroxide wash and doxycycline hyclate

MemberMember
(@aman-brar)

Posted : 01/17/2015 12:49 pm

Washing your face for 30 seconds won"t help in getting rid of acnes may be thats the reason behind " Same Acne for 4 months "

MemberMember
(@thehyperpig)

Posted : 01/19/2015 3:06 pm

harris 5 percent benzoyl peroxide wash and doxycycline hyclate

Could it be that the acne bacteria have become immune to the antibiotic? Recommend consulting with your derm.

I too am taking doxycycline hyclate 100mg with a sulfur face wash and epiduo. I am on week 3 and my acne (and scars) has cleared up significantly but I still got a couple of small bumps while taking the antibiotic. What the antibiotic does is it KILLS the acne bacteria from deep inside the skin but it may not kill 100% and the bacteria MAY develop a resistance to doxycycline hyclate.

What the antibiotic does NOT do is clear your blocked/clogged pores (white heads and black heads are an indication of that).

MemberMember
(@mariechin1234)

Posted : 01/19/2015 9:22 pm

Have a facial once a month.