Notifications
Clear all

Question About Aha

MemberMember
(@ypo)

Posted : 01/11/2015 8:49 am

Alright,

I've been on the Regimen for a good couple of months now (little bit more actually), my acne is not really under control yet but it's better which is why I'm not considering stopping the Regimen, but I have horrible flaking lately and I can't seem to control it no matter how much I moisturize. Tried jojoba with the moisturizer too but to no avail. I am reading about flakiness on here and everyone recommends AHA, but what I would like to ask is this. I am flaking really bad after a night's sleep but I also flake a lot during the day. I also can't seem to be able to rinse off those flakes off of my face which makes it even worse. Will AHA stop the flakiness altogether or will it simply not cause me to flake after a night's sleep but still flake during the day?

Reason I'm asking and not simply trying is because I live in Europe, and the shipping costs are simply _RIDICULOUS_ to say the least. I've put up with it so far but I really wanna feel sure about my purchase before I pay twice the cost of the product for shipping. Literally.

Thanks in advance :-)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 01/12/2015 8:18 am

Alright,

I've been on the Regimen for a good couple of months now (little bit more actually), my acne is not really under control yet but it's better which is why I'm not considering stopping the Regimen, but I have horrible flaking lately and I can't seem to control it no matter how much I moisturize. Tried jojoba with the moisturizer too but to no avail. I am reading about flakiness on here and everyone recommends AHA, but what I would like to ask is this. I am flaking really bad after a night's sleep but I also flake a lot during the day. I also can't seem to be able to rinse off those flakes off of my face which makes it even worse. Will AHA stop the flakiness altogether or will it simply not cause me to flake after a night's sleep but still flake during the day?

Reason I'm asking and not simply trying is because I live in Europe, and the shipping costs are simply _RIDICULOUS_ to say the least. I've put up with it so far but I really wanna feel sure about my purchase before I pay twice the cost of the product for shipping. Literally.

Thanks in advance )

Have you considered switching up your moisturizer? I use my Acne.org moisturizer at night time, but lately during the winter months I have been using cetaphil instead. Acne.org does not give my skin enough moisture during the past month or so. So I've been using the cetaphil cream with some AHA and jojoba oil and the flakes have been taken care of in less than a week. I live in the Philippines so its not even that cold, since you live in Europe I can only imagine how dry your skin can get with the season.

So if you have a thicker moisturizer I say give that a try. I recommend Cetaphil cream, its super thick thats why I only use it at night but it does its job very very well.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/12/2015 10:03 am

@Ypo...My son has been incorporating both jojoba oil and AHA+ into his moisturizer for flakes and winter dryness with good results! I think it's a great idea to try mixing these two products in with your moisturizer before applying. I think they work better together than separately, JMO.

Good luck with whatever you decide! :)

MemberMember
(@lovvvving-the-regimen)

Posted : 01/13/2015 10:11 pm

I agree aha and jojoba help tremendously!