14Th Week, Still Br...

Notifications
Clear all

14Th Week, Still Breaking Out And Flaky

MemberMember
(@kennedy810)

Posted : 01/10/2015 10:58 am

Hey guys, I started The Regimen in October of 2014, so this is my 14th week or so. I'm still having problems with breakouts and dryness though. My acne is significantly improved, I only get 2-3 pimples at the most if I breakout, and between breakouts I have 3-4 day periods of clear skin. The problem is the that I have very flaky and dry skin, and I expected the breakouts to be gone by now. I did increase the level of BP too quicky for my first 5 weeks on the regimen, but I would expect my skin to be acclimated to the 2 pumps by now. I have considered dropping the dose down to 1.5 pumps, as I have a slender, small face (and very sensitive skin), but I am too afraid that my acne will worsen. The AHA helps my flakiness tremendously when I use it 1-2 times a week, but whenever I just use the moisturizer at night, the next moring I am flaky. My skin seems too sensitive to sue the AHA daily. I assume there is a connection between my continued breakouts and lingering irritation, but I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

MemberMember
(@lovvvving-the-regimen)

Posted : 01/11/2015 3:51 pm

I recently started the regimen in November, I started with store brand ingredients.... cerave, neutrogena bp and cerave am/pm. I then switched to cliniques all over 2.5% BP. that was my first month. I then ordered Dan's Regimen online. I loooove his products. They are so gentle on the skin. Im wondering if you possibly have switched products? I noticed when I switched BP (twice) it felt like the over dryness, flakey, and redness started all over again. I saw this for about 2.5 months, it was soo embarrassing.... but I have seen improvements with acne.org products. I still have occasional breakouts but they have gotten to the the point i can count them on my fingers! Im not expecting much till I hit the 6 month mark (less pimples, less redness/less dryness)... hang in there! I also have experience with peeling after AHA. I mixed 1/2 moisturizer and 1/2 AHA. I wake up with a pinkish/red face and my skin is smooth. Around 2pm the peeling begins! I just gently add moisturizer on the dry area(i bought a travel bottle and carry it in my purse). I also noticed that applying AHA to those flaky areas seems to help the flakes disappear faster. good luck!

Have you tried adding Jojoba oil? It helps with the flakiness

MemberMember
(@kennedy810)

Posted : 01/11/2015 6:11 pm

I'm using the Acne.org products and have since I started. The peeling seems to start around 11:00 AM for me, as I do The Regiemn at 6:00 AM. I guess I'll start diluting the AHA with moisturizer, and using it everyday, and seeing if that helps. I think my skin needs time to adjust to the 2 pumps of BP, which is odd because I've been using two pumps for 5-6 weeks. My skin still burns when I apply it. I do use jojoba oil in my moisturizer everytime I apply it.