Notifications
Clear all

19/f/mild Acne/40Mg Daily/beginning Accutane!

MemberMember
(@lightofmylife)

Posted : 01/09/2015 9:55 pm

hi everyone! Today is the day I began accutane and I am keeping a daily log to keep track of my progress!

I am a 19 year old girl, weigh 110 pounds, and am taking 40mg of zenatane a day. My acne would be described as mild, but i suffer from many clogged pores and blackheads with some whiteheads also that leave hyperpigmentation.

I used to have PERFECT skin 1-2 years ago, so it has taken a huge toll on my confidence and self-esteem. I'm so excited to feel the way i used to and not have to worry about makeup and skin issues constantly! all of my life a huge importance has been placed on the way that I look and the attention that I get, and I will admit that the way I feel directly relates to the way I look. This whole experience has actually humbled me in a way, and I will never take having clear skin for granted again.

so I will be updating every day about side effects, progress, etc.

day 1

I took my first pill a few hours ago, obviously no change or side effects. I do have a really hard time swallowing pills though so I'm proud of myself for doing it ha

MemberMember
(@lightofmylife)

Posted : 01/11/2015 7:47 pm

day 3

okay i skipped day 2 because nothing changed at all. i maybe had some dry skin yesterday but that could have just been normal. I went out last night and got home super late and woke up this morning with like a sore spot on my chin? and i have another spot similar to that above my lip. UGHH i think it may be some kind of underground bump and i do NOT normally get those! this is not okay. i STUPIDLY tried to squeeze it which i know is forbidden but nothing really happened and it doesn't look bad but i can just feel it. is this normal?? it's causing me anxiety

also i had to use eyedrops because my eyes have felt slightly dry/burning but that is probably just a result of being in a smoky bar for hours

MemberMember
(@lightofmylife)

Posted : 01/17/2015 3:40 pm

day 9

okay i've done a TERRIBLE JOB at keeping up with this but honestly there has been nothing to report. i've really experienced ZERO change which kind of frustrates me but i'm glad i'm not experiencing side effects. I mean my skin is a bit drier and itchy but it's nothing i can't handle, as well as my lips. As far as skin improvement, I wouldn't say it's better but I wouldn't say it's worse either. I know I shouldn't expect change this early anyways. My doctor said not to expect anything for at least a month.

i'm just concerned that my clogged pores are going to remain unchanged. Anyone have any experience with this??

MemberMember
(@donna93)

Posted : 01/19/2015 4:06 pm

Hey!

I am a female 21 years old almost 22, I started 2,5 weeks ago with accutane,

i weight 60 kg/130 pounds

because we start around the same time and were sort of the same age and weight (ok im a littl older and heavier haha) i thought i share my experience as well and we can compare and exchange experience, if you do not like this tell me thats fine

I have really mild acne, most people do not even see it and say my skin looks fine but it really bothers me

also i have pretty persistent acne on my back, which went away 3 years ago using the regimen, then i got lazy and stopped and a year later it came back and it wouldnt work anymore, so here i am on accutane, pretty excited

because i dont have bad acne my derm put me on 10mg daily to begin with, he wants me to be a low doser, but im not sure if thats what i want though, ill see in a few days i have an appointment and ill ask for a higher dosage. so far no side effects

MemberMember
(@fsujoseph)

Posted : 01/20/2015 10:42 pm

Hey!

I am a female 21 years old almost 22, I started 2,5 weeks ago with accutane,

i weight 60 kg/130 pounds

because we start around the same time and were sort of the same age and weight (ok im a littl older and heavier haha) i thought i share my experience as well and we can compare and exchange experience, if you do not like this tell me thats fine

I have really mild acne, most people do not even see it and say my skin looks fine but it really bothers me

also i have pretty persistent acne on my back, which went away 3 years ago using the regimen, then i got lazy and stopped and a year later it came back and it wouldnt work anymore, so here i am on accutane, pretty excited

because i dont have bad acne my derm put me on 10mg daily to begin with, he wants me to be a low doser, but im not sure if thats what i want though, ill see in a few days i have an appointment and ill ask for a higher dosage. so far no side effects

Ah I hate it when people say 'oh I can barely see it' or 'just look at your other good qualities', but I bet if they stepped in your shoes they wouldn't be saying that..

MemberMember
(@legomom)

Posted : 01/26/2015 10:58 pm

How about some pics? To give others hope. You could hide your eyes.

;)