Notifications
Clear all

Acne Caused By Chronic Constipation

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 01/09/2015 12:43 am

hey! (typing on broken tablet, will fix post later)

so i was thinking about how my body only want to accept foods high in fiber, according to my sensitivity test results (fiber helps you shit more efficiently). then i remember a visit to the doctor here i found out i had chronic constipation. basically i had shit laying around my body for years. this made sens

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 01/09/2015 1:24 am

@Melloman.....you are really funny.

And yes ,I think that if we are constipated so our bodies and faces.

The funny thing is that I can't stand fiber , in the form of wheat .

I have been trying a chia drink that I get from target, it's called mamma chia,organic ,cranberry lemonade,I drink half a bottle a day , and that keeps me regular,I was drinking one bottle a day and was going 2 to 3 times a day , not good since I'm hypothyroid , and on medication, so I was flushing the good and bad nutrients,I lost like 6 pounds in 2 weeks , eating healthy too, of course.

That is great that you like to inform yourself.

Best wishes.

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 01/09/2015 11:07 am

lol

@Melloman what are you sensitive to? I think I'm in the same boat as you in terms of acne breakouts due to food sensitivity, but I haven't visited a Naturopath/doctor yet.. Just been doing it on my own and seems like I found the foods I needed to eliminate.

In terms of fiber, I just get em from fruits and veggies since I cut out ALL forms of grains.. Are you okay with grains?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/13/2015 8:07 am

hey, I noticed this a few years ago and keeping regular keeps my skin under control (along with avoidng intolerances). most people use something to get the bowels moving each day(exercise, magesium, etc) which helps, but it doesn't tackle the issue long term. Look into get a decent probiotic/ fermented foods, and supplementing with Betaine HCL with pepsin (only take with meals you eat protein), to help stimulate stomach acid. Low stomach acid is a major cause of severe constipation and other digestive disorders, along with low/no positive gut flora. Hopes this helps.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 01/13/2015 4:34 pm

lol

@Melloman what are you sensitive to? I think I'm in the same boat as you in terms of acne breakouts due to food sensitivity, but I haven't visited a Naturopath/doctor yet.. Just been doing it on my own and seems like I found the foods I needed to eliminate.

In terms of fiber, I just get em from fruits and veggies since I cut out ALL forms of grains.. Are you okay with grains?

i'm sensitive to:

Almonds

Coconut

Filbert/Hazelnut

String Green Beans

Lima Beans

Green English Peas

Peanuts

Soybeans

Celery

Histamine

Buckwheat

Corn

Rice

I'm good with grains. I tested good to eat Oats, Wheat, and Rye. I eat oats and wheat every day, and I stay clear as long as I avoid the intolerances.

And I'm Not sensitive to:

Oats, Rye,Whole Wheat, Poppy Seed, Apple, Orange, Peach, Tomato, Brazil Nut, Cashew Nut, Kidney-Pinto Beans, Carrots, Saline

I'm Barely sensitive to:

Eggs (white and yolk), Milk, Cinnamon, Garlic, Ginger, Pecan, Pistachio, Walnut, Black Food (wtf? black walnut?), Green Pepper, Mushroom, White Potato

MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 01/13/2015 10:41 pm

lol

i'm sensitive to:

Almonds

Coconut

Filbert/Hazelnut

String Green Beans

Lima Beans

Green English Peas

Peanuts

Soybeans

Celery

Histamine

Buckwheat

Corn

Rice

I'm good with grains. I tested good to eat Oats, Wheat, and Rye. I eat oats and wheat every day, and I stay clear as long as I avoid the intolerances.

And I'm Not sensitive to:

Oats, Rye,Whole Wheat, Poppy Seed, Apple, Orange, Peach, Tomato, Brazil Nut, Cashew Nut, Kidney-Pinto Beans, Carrots, Saline

I'm Barely sensitive to:

Eggs (white and yolk), Milk, Cinnamon, Garlic, Ginger, Pecan, Pistachio, Walnut, Black Food (wtf? black walnut?), Green Pepper, Mushroom, White Potato

Interesting.. I've been testing out on my own to see what I'm sensitive to but at times it's too damn hard to tell lol.. For example, I beasted on a lot of chocolate and some cake which I thought would punish me for sure but I'm not feeling anything (even though I usually do). I feel like I just need to keep up a clean enough diet and I should be able to reintroduce any foods in the future.. Makes me wonder if I have any sensitivities at all, or if I just had poor health in the past..

I do want to get tested but that shit is expensive af and I don't even have insurance :/ guess I'll just keep doing what I do

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 01/14/2015 2:48 pm

@Mk04

That sucks that you don't have insurance. The amount of sad stories on this site is really fucked up in general. Like what the fuck? There is only one test that I know of that is somewhat cheap. It isn't guaranteed to rule out sensitivities, but if you're lucky, you might actually get some accurate results. It's called an IGg test, and if you google search "yorktest", you should be able to find it. It does shipments to most countries, and is headquarted in Europe somewhere. If you decide to do it, though, please update cuz I've been curious about it. If I do it, I will post my results.

P.S.

This place was refered to me by acne.org member il90.

MemberMember
(@laceyleigh)

Posted : 01/19/2015 1:16 am

What did your doctor do about your chronic constipation, and how did you find out?

MemberMember
(@misterb)

Posted : 01/21/2015 9:20 pm

hey, I noticed this a few years ago and keeping regular keeps my skin under control (along with avoidng intolerances). most people use something to get the bowels moving each day(exercise, magesium, etc) which helps, but it doesn't tackle the issue long term. Look into get a decent probiotic/ fermented foods, and supplementing with Betaine HCL with pepsin (only take with meals you eat protein), to help stimulate stomach acid. Low stomach acid is a major cause of severe constipation and other digestive disorders, along with low/no positive gut flora. Hopes this helps.

Good advice right here ^^

Constipation can definitely contribute to acne, both because it means you're not able to eliminate nasties in your gut as easily and because of the poor digestion that constipation often indicates. But more important than fiber is good bacteria! If you're not sensitive to it have some sauerkraut, kimchi or other real fermented food with most meals. Kombucha can be good, too. Also consider probiotic supplements, especially one called Prescript Assist as it's particularly good for constipation.