Notifications
Clear all

Acne is a huge blowdown on self confidence

MemberMember
(@psparkle)

Posted : 11/05/2004 11:07 pm

sup everyone...

i'm 13 years old and i think acne is a huge blowdown on my self confidence...

to me it is. my face is not plentiful of acne, but it is so oily. i can see oil pools where the oil pores are. when people touch my forehead or something touches it, it gets oily.

in school, when i rest my head on a black binder, it gets a huge oil stain. Same thing when i roll my pencil on my nose.

theres this one girl i like, but my self confidence is too low. i keep saying, "shes too good for me" and it gets me down.

does this ever happen to you?

PS~ any tips on reducing oil on your face? i can only purchase products at stores liek walgreens and target (no online places).

ash1140 liked
MemberMember
(@claud)

Posted : 11/06/2004 12:15 am

[Edited image out] Looking at your situation. I think you should try Clearasil total control.

It reduces the oil production and also it helps prevent new breakouts.

Use it every morning.

Also, be more confidence hun, don't think about your acne to much. Just smile and study hard.

MemberMember
(@themaster)

Posted : 11/06/2004 1:05 am

use dan's bp...It gets rid of oil on your face, it dries your face. Use bochla's regimen.

MemberMember
(@suzannehopes)

Posted : 11/06/2004 1:59 am

I had very oily skin AND acne.. A loooong time ago..way back in the olden days.....Waaaaay before you were born...

I was interested in a totally HOT Neanderthal...He WAS CUTE!!!!

I smiled at him and.....he..

OOOPS!!!... Well, thats a whole different story...

Here is what I used to do..to curb the oil slick...Bring some pre-packaged facial wipes...or better yet..alcohol wipes,

if you can tolerate it to school with you...

pop in the bathroom ..in between classes and quickly wipe off your face...

they are very refreshing. ..and can be purchased at Walgreens, Target or just about anywhere.

Perhaps then...you will feel better...

Remember...we are our own WORST critic...

(I have to keep on reminding myself, too...)

SMILE...and that girl you are interested in ...just may..

approach ~YOU~.... Instead!!!..... [Edited image out] [Edited image out]

P.S...Try a Mudd Brand clay mask a couple of times a week..You wont believe how much oil it will suck up...the whole next day...your face will NOT be oily AT ALL...you can get that at Walgreens too.....Good Luck!!!

MemberMember
(@infinitequestions)

Posted : 11/06/2004 2:02 am

What's your regimen?

Try this one ( Botchla's Reg ):

Clean And Clear BP ( Benzoyl Peroxide )

Clean And Clear SA ( Salicyclic Acid )

A good Moisturizer. ( The BP will dry the hell out of your face )

That's about 15 bucks total.

Wash with the SA, then the BP, then moisturize. Twice a day.

Or try DAN's regimen.

keep saying, "shes too good for me" and it gets me down

STOP thinking like this. If you approach girls with that mindset, you will NEVER get girls. Period. Realize that you can get any girl on this earth, and walk up to her knowing that she will like you. I know and saw plenty of guys get girls with oily faces and Acne up the ass.

[Edited image out] IQs [Edited image out]

MemberMember
(@naen)

Posted : 11/06/2004 2:04 am

You could try those oil clearing sheets.

MemberMember
(@polka)

Posted : 11/06/2004 2:55 pm

I suppose you can try all these but they arn't treating the root of the problem. Believe me, I know what you're feeling. I had severe acne, that has gone down to mild. But my scars are very severe, and I am left with large pores which shed bucketloads

I hear through the grapevine taking omega oils 3,6,9 should help. I am trying that now so I wlil tell you if it helps. I have read other members on here that it really does help.

It might be your pores. Are your pores large, particularly on the nose and T section (eyebrow and nose area) of your face?

What country are you in? you can buy many different brands of oil control in a lotion that you can put on all day. They usally have a moisturizer in one. Make sure they are non comedogenic (non spot forming. I made a thread about oiliness in the "over the counter" forum. Try reading that for wht other people have said.

This stuff can be costly for a younger person like yourself.

About your confidence. Don't let it get you down. You're in the prime of your life. If you let these thoughts eat you up, nip it in the bud. You don't wanna be like me. 19 going on 65

Cheers

MemberMember
(@ash1140)

Posted : 06/12/2017 11:43 pm

On November 5, 2004 at 0:07 AM, Psparkle said:

sup everyone...

i'm 13 years old and i think acne is a huge blowdown on my self confidence...

to me it is. my face is not plentiful of acne, but it is so oily. i can see oil pools where the oil pores are. when people touch my forehead or something touches it, it gets oily.

in school, when i rest my head on a black binder, it gets a huge oil stain. Same thing when i roll my pencil on my nose.

theres this one girl i like, but my self confidence is too low. i keep saying, "shes too good for me" and it gets me down.

does this ever happen to you?

PS~ any tips on reducing oil on your face? i can only purchase products at stores liek walgreens and target (no online places).

I understand 100% my face is just as oily and bc my skin is bad I tell myself nobody is ever going to like me and that I'll never impress anyone because I'm not perfect like other girls. THESE KINDS OF THOUGHTS ARE NOT GOOD! I promise that any who has acne or has dealt with it in the past completely understands especially if it's a girl. Most girls don't judge guys on their acne anyways so you have nothing to worry about! Just stay positive and keep telling yourself that anything is possible!

MemberMember
(@jwalk)

Posted : 06/15/2017 12:07 pm

On 13 June 2017 at 5:43 AM, ash1140 said:

Most girls don't judge guys on their acne anyways so you have nothing to worry about!

I don't agree with this.

On 13 June 2017 at 5:43 AM, ash1140 said:

Just stay positive and keep telling yourself that anything is possible!

I do agree with this.