Notifications
Clear all

How To Get 5Mg Accutane?

MemberMember
(@jayr1)

Posted : 01/07/2015 8:04 pm

Hello all. I'm 26, have been suffering from acne since about 16. It's always been pretty mild, but it is ALWAYS persistent. At any given time I've always got 3-4 inflamed whiteheads on my face. I've always despised it. But now that I'm an adult, I just can't do it anymore. It kills my self esteem, motivation, etc. Can't ever feel confident on dates, professional situations, etc. etc. etc. You guys know.

Anyway. After much research I've decided I want to attempt a daily regimen of 5mg Accutane.

My question is - Will I be able to get 5mg capsules of Accuatane prescribed to me in the United States?

My physician said he thought they only went as low as 10mg and I've read the lower doses are often prescribed in Europe.

Please tell me there is a way I can get my hands on these in the states..?

MemberMember
(@legomom)

Posted : 01/08/2015 10:15 pm

I dont know if they make it or not, but you will get the same effect by taking it 10 mgs, every other day.

It's hard to find someone willing to prescribe long term , low dose Accutane to a female that's not post menopausal due to risk of birth defects.

MemberMember
(@jj)

Posted : 01/09/2015 1:23 am

Yep accutane only comes in 10mg or 20mg capsules. If you want to take 5mg/day, just take 10mg every second day. I have no idea about getting it prescribed in the US. There are definitely some derms who do low dose courses there, although I do believe it is not as common as in Europe and other places.