Notifications
Clear all

Clear Face One Minute, Pimples Everywhere The Next ?!

MemberMember
(@kashmoney123)

Posted : 01/07/2015 12:03 am

Hey all,

Does anyone here ever find that they will have a completely clear skin (face, back, neck, etc) and then shortly after eating something (anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour) pimples just start popping up all over the place??

I know food allergies/intolerances can cause acne, but it is absolutely crazy how quickly my face, back, chest, tummy etc will go from zero to a hundred.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced/is experiencing this.

I've had an allergy test done via the naturopath, and basically taking out all the food I was allergic to left me with a paleo diet. I tried it for a long time and it actually worked wonders for my skin. WONDERS. However, it's super hard to stay paleo with a super busy schedule. I got off the paleo wagon and I'm trying to get back on.

My biggest trigger is milk (but kefir is okay surprisingly-i'll eat it almost everyday) and I've eliminated that since the new year 2015, and my face has been pretty clear. However, today I ate wedges and chicken(ready made from the grocery store) +ketchup and within 15 minutes what was once clear was pimples all over the place: face, back, chest etc. everywhere!! I don't understand it. Unless they somehow managed to put MILK products on the roasted chicken and the wedges but that just seems really strange to me.

Anyways,
Thanks for listening to my rant!!!

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/07/2015 12:49 pm

i dont think within 15 mins that possible

chicken and wedges could be the problem because they cook it in vegetable oil and its made from the grocery store not the healthiest

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 01/07/2015 1:17 pm

Corn allergies can be severe and come on quickly. I have a friend who is allergic to corn and her symptoms (digestive issues, respiratory, rash) come on really quickly. Since you had ketchup, that might have been the issue. Corn oil, high fructose corn syrup, etc. is in everything.

It can cause inflammation & irritation, which if you're acne prone, will mean you're probably very likely to break out. I'd get tested again for corn & possibly soy allergies.

MemberMember
(@kashmoney123)

Posted : 01/07/2015 1:59 pm

Corn allergies can be severe and come on quickly. I have a friend who is allergic to corn and her symptoms (digestive issues, respiratory, rash) come on really quickly. Since you had ketchup, that might have been the issue. Corn oil, high fructose corn syrup, etc. is in everything.

It can cause inflammation & irritation, which if you're acne prone, will mean you're probably very likely to break out. I'd get tested again for corn & possibly soy allergies.

Hmmm, you actually made me dig up my allergy test results and looking back at it corn was high on my list of allergies (8th in line after Goat Milk, Baker's Yeast, Cow Milk, Brewer's Yeast, Soya Bean, Egg white, and Barley).

The reaction really was SUPER QUICK after I ate it. It's just so strange how quickly my skin on my face/body will change. It literally popped up everywhere all over my arms etc. Probably the oil that the wedges were cooked in was corn or soybean oil :'( and I'm assuming the chicken has MSG, could also be a big factor.

I'm inspired to take these test results seriously again! I think I did this one two years ago. Sucks that they cost so much money but I think I am going to get another one done asap, because I heard the allergies can go away/new ones can develop.

Thank you SO much for your replies :) I'm a newbie, so thanks for listening to my rant!

SiriBai liked
MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 01/07/2015 2:06 pm

Hmmm, you actually made me dig up my allergy test results and looking back at it corn was high on my list of allergies (8th in line after Goat Milk, Baker's Yeast, Cow Milk, Brewer's Yeast, Soya Bean, Egg white, and Barley).

The reaction really was SUPER QUICK after I ate it. It's just so strange how quickly my skin on my face/body will change. It literally popped up everywhere all over my arms etc. Probably the oil that the wedges were cooked in was corn or soybean oil :'( and I'm assuming the chicken has MSG, could also be a big factor.

I'm inspired to take these test results seriously again! I think I did this one two years ago. Sucks that they cost so much money but I think I am going to get another one done asap, because I heard the allergies can go away/new ones can develop.

Thank you SO much for your replies I'm a newbie, so thanks for listening to my rant!

My friend with the corn allergy says she kicked it, so maybe there's hope!

I'm going to get tested for allergies ASAP as well.

MemberMember
(@veganski)

Posted : 01/08/2015 12:51 am

Hey,

i noticed something similar aswell. A few hours after i've eaten i had 3 cysts on one side on my face. This can't be normal, it it down to the food we consume.

So I read and got some information that foods with a high GI index spike Insulin and can cause a hormonal inbalance and break you out. For example ketchup which has usually tons of sugar in it. I don't know if this is all true but it kinda makes sense so I will take more care of what I eat, maybe try it for yourself.

MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 01/08/2015 9:45 am

I can understand you. Actually, when I'm eating foods I shouldn't be eating, my face would get a bit itchy and I just feel my face not reacting well. I don't really have a breakout though. Well, depends how much I eat. I usually do get a bump or two within the hour of having ate food I'm sensitive to.

Maybe I should try going to a naturopath.. I've just been doing my own testings and took out food after test & trial

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/08/2015 7:19 pm

Read labels and never assume a food is safe unless you've prepared it yourself. Also, there are so many recipes to make comfort food paleo friendly that it is ridiculous. You are fortunate to have found something that works for you so just stick with it. Whats more important to you : clear skin or junk....the choice is yours.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 01/08/2015 7:56 pm

The two quickest reactions I noticed was from eating McDonald's, and eating Appleby's. Like even a salad at Appleby's messed me up.

I would also suggest a food sensitivity test. Allergy tests aren't as accurate if you're doing it for acne. Also, be careful even with home cooking. It took me a couple of weeks to realize baking soda was causing me to break out. Why? Apparently there's a corn ingredient in the baking soda, too! dun duh duhhh!

MemberMember
(@kashmoney123)

Posted : 01/09/2015 8:58 pm

Read labels and never assume a food is safe unless you've prepared it yourself. Also, there are so many recipes to make comfort food paleo friendly that it is ridiculous. You are fortunate to have found something that works for you so just stick with it. Whats more important to you : clear skin or junk....the choice is yours.

Gaaaaah you are so right. I did paleo for several months and the results were amazing, I even got compliments on how good my skin looks even from people who had no idea that I had changed my diet or was doing anything different. The moment I ate anything I should not have, like ONE ravioli (with cheese) all hell would break lose on my face and body :'( It started with little cheats like that, and eventually this snowballed back into eating all sorts of things that I know better than to eat! And i regretted my choices so much after. It's all in my head. I've gotten back to paleo this new year, and this time I will stick to it!! Even though acne really SUCKS the one plus side, at least for me, is it really made me eat healthy. If i never got acne from food i'd still be eating white bread nutella sandwiches for lunch today.

Thank you all for your words of wisdom. I really needed to hear that other people were experiencing quick reactions to food and not just me.

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 01/10/2015 12:07 am

@kashmoney123....my mom ,who is 74 and had a colostomy ,after the doctors reconnected her colon with surgey , ,cant stand eating corn,she ends up in the hospital with horrible stomach pains .I think she always had allergies or food sensitivities and she never knew.

As for myself,as soon as I have a nut or chocolate I get big painful cystic acne, and that is within 5 seconds of eating it .

When your system gets clean ,it can react to gluten inflammation much faster.

Only the foods that you prepare yourself are free of whatever preservatives and additives they put in the food .

When I have citrus or berries I start itching and get hives all over my body,right away ,I blame that to the high salicylates content.

It's good to know other people's reaction to food.

Sometimes people look at me like I'm overreacting and it's all in my head.

Best wishes.

MemberMember
(@kashmoney123)

Posted : 02/16/2015 11:42 am

Lately I have been avoiding corn, soy, dairy, yeast, (the top culprits) and everything has been okay. I of course get white heads but no intense pimples anywhere. And my body looks pretty clear too, give or take a few pimples. I guess this is the trick for me to stay clear. Too bad these ingredients are hidden in everything :'( But I won't complain, if this is what I need to do then ill do it!