Notifications
Clear all

Adjusting To Cerave

MemberMember
(@chrisaaa)

Posted : 01/06/2015 10:05 pm

Hey guys,

The winter made my skin hella dry - so dry that it began to crack and peel. I recently switched from Purpose cleanser to Cerave Hydrating Facial Wash and it seems to helping a little with the peeling but I still get very oily. Given, it's only been two days I've been on this but I was wondering if anyone else had an adjustment period and saw progress eventually? My current regimen for morning and night is: wash - Cerave Hydrating Facial Wash, tone with a quick pat down of 50/50 apple cider vinegar/water and finally apply Dan's BP gel over my face. I only use a finger length of that product. Finally I moisturize with Cerave's PM lotion.

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 01/07/2015 4:02 pm

If you're using the BP twice a day and are extremely dry, cut back to using it only at night.

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 01/19/2015 3:16 am

The ACV toner may be drying you out and negating the effects of the hydrating cleanser?

MemberMember
(@chrisaaa)

Posted : 01/01/2016 4:56 am

Thanks for your input guys, I'm surprised I got some replies here. The night after this post, Igave up ACV for a few weeks thinking it could be the issue but my skin could not tolerate Cerave; it made my skin oilier and started to burn my face! I gave up Cerave and resumed ACV usage with baby wash as a face wash and it has helped my skin so much. I use a pea-sized application of Dan's BP now and my lifelong acne struggle has been put to rest.