Notifications
Clear all

Starting The Caveman Regimen Advice

MemberMember
(@remi47)

Posted : 01/06/2015 1:54 pm

Hello,
I'm about to start the Caveman Regimen and this is the plan:
-28 days absolutely no water/soap/treatment allowed on face to allow the healing process
-After this I will start to splash my face with water and a few drops of rosehip oil after, I will also introduce a scrub but this is the part where I'm confused.
What scrub would you recommend? I had this one in mind. And how often ish?
Thank you for reading.
MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 01/06/2015 2:09 pm

I thought the idea was that you didn't use a scrub or any cleanser, even after the so-called "caveman" - although I believe cavemen probably had some grooming rituals that we don't know about. They may also have had acne. We don't know. =)

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 01/06/2015 2:26 pm

The scrub would negate the no treatment part of it. My advice would be not to do the caveman approach. You face will accumulate dirt and oils. Water will not clean this. You're subjecting yourself to possible bacterial infection, massive pore clogs, and more. Acne is internal and even though many use topicals to treat the side effects of the internal issues, being unhygienic is not the answer.

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@remi47)

Posted : 01/06/2015 2:48 pm

I thought the idea was that you didn't use a scrub or any cleanser, even after the so-called "caveman" - although I believe cavemen probably had some grooming rituals that we don't know about. They may also have had acne. We don't know. =)

I read up on it and the reason why most people fail is because after a while they don't remove the dead-skin "mask" after a while, I guess I'm doing a slightly alternative version of it. Also I think it was just a fitting nickname for the regimen. Perhaps they did pamper themselves.

The scrub would negate the no treatment part of it. My advice would be not to do the caveman approach. You face will accumulate dirt and oils. Water will not clean this. You're subjecting yourself to possible bacterial infection, massive pore clogs, and more. Acne is internal and even though many use topicals to treat the side effects of the internal issues, being unhygienic is not the answer.

I've seen both sides of the arguments, the Acne.org regimen only makes my skin unbelievably dry that I can't move my face. I'm going to try it anyway. I'll be taking daily pictures to see if it works or not.

I was thinking of maybe just to make my own gentle scrubs at home maybe.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 01/06/2015 3:02 pm

Is your face that full of dead skin? I honestly don't think scrubs are necessary enough to get botched results from going on the regimine. I don't even wash my face regularly anymore and it's been getting better since my diet changes. In fact, it went from cystic to clear. Also, keep in mind that tap water isn't always good to put on your face. There's loads of bad stuff in there that varies depending on your region and state and city.

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 01/06/2015 3:47 pm

I never used to wash my face as a teenager and I had clear skin. So I see the logic behind this! Still, with makeup and city grime and SPF this isn't an option.

Perhaps use a gentle exfoliating pad/face loofah instead of a cleansing scrub?

Remi47 liked
MemberMember
(@remi47)

Posted : 01/07/2015 8:16 am

Is your face that full of dead skin? I honestly don't think scrubs are necessary enough to get botched results from going on the regimine. I don't even wash my face regularly anymore and it's been getting better since my diet changes. In fact, it went from cystic to clear. Also, keep in mind that tap water isn't always good to put on your face. There's loads of bad stuff in there that varies depending on your region and state and city.

My face isn't at the moment, but it should develop a dead-cell mask if I keep this up, I avoid my food allergies, it does help however it doesn't fully work. I'm also guessing that the water isn't very good where I live (hard water) so I might try using filtered water.

I never used to wash my face as a teenager and I had clear skin. So I see the logic behind this! Still, with makeup and city grime and SPF this isn't an option.

Perhaps use a gentle exfoliating pad/face loofah instead of a cleansing scrub?

I've been digging again and I think I might just use manaku honey as a cleanser/exfoliator as it seems to get good reviews, I hope it works. 3:

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 01/07/2015 11:43 am

I've been digging again and I think I might just use manaku honey as a cleanser/exfoliator as it seems to get good reviews, I hope it works. 3:

Make sure you're getting real manuka honey, it's been in such high demand that the honey you get might actually come from somewhere else. New Zealand's bee farmers can't make enough.

Remi47 liked
MemberMember
(@remi47)

Posted : 01/07/2015 12:55 pm

On 1/7/2015 at 10:43 PM, SiriBai said:
On 1/7/2015 at 7:16 PM, Remi47 said:

Make sure you're getting real manuka honey, it's been in such high demand that the honey you get might actually come from somewhere else. New Zealand's bee farmers can't make enough.

I think I might get this one. Seems legit :D