Notifications
Clear all

Small Red Dots On Chin- What Are They/what To Do?

MemberMember
(@flowerpower101)

Posted : 01/04/2015 11:30 pm

In the past 2 months I have had some very small acne appear on my chin. I am writing to you guys as I notice it has become more red and has spread to the left side of my chin now too with a few dots appearing above my mouth by my nose, unlike before where it was minor and on the right side on my chin only.

I had some break outs (not on my chin at the time) so I used a Neutrogena face wash to try and minimize the redness. I noticed that it didn't help and quickly stopped using it after maybe 3 times? It wasn't for a few weeks that I notice red dots that seemed like they were under my skin appearing on my chin.

At this point I thought it was my makeup (I don't use very much anyways) so I stopped using that for quite a long time and it did not go away.

Recently I have noticed that more dots have begun to appear on both sides of my chin and some redness dots on my cheeks. To the touch, they feel almost not there but just a little roughness to the skin. I've attached some photos of what it looks like recently. Hopefully someone can tell me what it is and how to get rid of it. I heard some "Witch" oil ( I forgot the name) has worked for some people but i'm not sure what I even have and if it CAN go away. Please help. image-2.jpgimage-1.jpg
Sorry for the close up.

MemberMember
(@tatortots12)

Posted : 01/07/2015 3:25 am

I'm not going to ask your age but you look young and I believe from what my derm told is that chin acne is mostly hormonal so it would be hard to prevent but it will definitely pass. Your make up shouldn't be a problem unless you're putting on kilos and not washing your face every night/morning (preferably when you get home and don't need to wear it anymore). I use tazorac and it has done wonders for me as far as pimples like yours and red marks but that is a strong medication to what seems to be very mild acne. Have you tried aloe vera or natural raw honey?

MemberMember
(@flowerpower101)

Posted : 01/07/2015 3:00 pm

I'm an adult, and no I haven't tried anything besides using a redness reducer moisturizer, but I don't use that regularly. I wasn't sure what I have so I wasn't sure what to use. Someone said benzoyl peroxide to me?

MemberMember
(@tatortots12)

Posted : 01/07/2015 7:49 pm

I'm an adult, and no I haven't tried anything besides using a redness reducer moisturizer, but I don't use that regularly. I wasn't sure what I have so I wasn't sure what to use. Someone said benzoyl peroxide to me?

That could work. I have used epiduo for small raised bumps and it's been effective. The main ingredient being benzoyl peroxide and a popular choice to treat acne. Of course you would need a prescription to get epiduo. Why not try to go to the dermatologist and get her opinion after letting him/her get a look a at you and your explanation on when you started getting these symptoms and your diet ect... You could also ask her about epiduo. Best of luck for you and your skin.