Notifications
Clear all

My Acne Seems To Be Cleared!

MemberMember
(@kaisa90)

Posted : 01/04/2015 3:35 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been suffering from acne since I was 14. Now being 24, I had thought that it was never going to leave me. But to my surprise, I have managed to be clear for the first time in 10 years except for the year that I was on accutane. So actually, even after accutane, the acne had come back to me.

Knowing the psychological effects of acne, I just wanted to share this because some people may also benefit.

So, it has been three months that I am on the birth control pill, yasmin. However, yasmin didn't seem to have any affect, apart from the terrible breakout during the first month. My skin condition at the moment might be partially due to yasmin, but my face started to clear only after I started taking cod liver oil supplements. I read online that it contained vitamin a and d3, so I thought why not. Within a week after taking cod liver oil supplements and eating a raw carrot per day, I have seen great results where actually I have zero cystic acne on my face, and just one small pimple that I wouldn't even care about. My red marks have significantly diminished as well. It is my second week now, and even to me, it seems too good to be true.

Even though I am not exactly sure at the moment if this is the miracle of cod liver oil, I think I will be able to tell in a few weeks time, if my skin stays so.

Hope this will help some people out there, I believe it's at least worth a try!

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 01/04/2015 7:13 pm

Good to hear that it is working for you!

My daughter was thinking of starting to take cod liver oil for her acne, could you tell me your dosage?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@kaisa90)

Posted : 01/05/2015 8:50 am

Good to hear that it is working for you!

My daughter was thinking of starting to take cod liver oil for her acne, could you tell me your dosage?

Thanks.

Thank you!

I am taking two in the morning, and two in the evening which sums up to about 6000 IU Vitamin A, and 800 Vitamin D according to the brand I am using.

Hope it helps for your daughter!

MemberMember
(@mk04)

Posted : 01/05/2015 10:04 am

Great to hear that you found something that works for you! A couple of others on here mentioned cod liver oil supplements so it seems to be effective for some. I found something that works for me as well and although my skin is getting almost fully clear, I may try cod liver oil as supplements for recovery..

Also, it doesn't matter to you now but I always saw accutane as a temporary solution to an underlying issue that has yet to be touched..

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 01/10/2015 2:21 pm

I just wanted to quickly comment because I am going through the exact same thing! I finished up Accutane last July and my acne, although significantly more mild has come back. I started taking cod liver vitamin D3 with vitamin A about 5000 IU a day for a week now and my acne is nearly gone. I am getting a few tiny bumps but they disappear after a day. I just wanted you to know I'm going through a similar thing and look forward to both of us getting clear!

MemberMember
(@claaaaaaaaaang)

Posted : 01/13/2015 2:55 am

Can I ask what brand of cod liver supplement are you taking? I Live here in the Philippines and Im afraid to buy anything if it wasn't just like what you're using right now. Thanks

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 01/13/2015 9:13 am

Nice job. It all starts from within

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 01/13/2015 7:00 pm

i might try this.

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 01/25/2015 3:55 pm

Can I ask what brand of cod liver supplement are you taking? I Live here in the Philippines and Im afraid to buy anything if it wasn't just like what you're using right now. Thanks

I am using a brand called Natures Plus that I buy at a store called Natural Grocers here in the states. It was a bit of a challenge to find cod liver vitamin d with vitamin a but I'm sure you could find some online :)

MemberMember
(@scuabb)

Posted : 01/28/2015 9:07 am

Every cod liver oil have vitamin A and D

MemberMember
(@snoopdog5566)

Posted : 02/03/2015 12:51 am

Ive tried taking vitamin d3, niacin, magnesium, and zinc, and all those have done is maybe help with any cystic acne i would ever get (i have light to mild acne) how long did it take to see effects from cod oil? And sorry if youu already said it but what brand did you use?

MemberMember
(@acnekid10)

Posted : 04/22/2017 9:32 am

So far I've been taking Carlson cod liver oil but I was taking it wrong and was taking 2 table spoons for two day and I broke out thankfully I noticed it was 1-2 teaspoons so now I am back on track and no new pimples have formed and marks are slowly vanishing. I also take zinc picolinate 50mg a day. Hopefully this cod liver oil works and I can be clear.