Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pattie

Extreme dry-wrinkled eyes on The Regimen

Hello everyone,

I need some help..........

I am new to The Regimen. I just started a few days ago. I started using Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser for normal to oily skin face wash, followed by some Triad 6% PB cream I had and then I finished with Eucerin Skin Renewal lotion. I just got my 2.5% bp gel in the mail yesterday evening so I just switched to the gel last night and have used it 3 times so far.

My problem is that I am NOT putting the bp or the Eucerin cream anywhere near my eyes, but for some reason the skin around my eyes has completely dried up and looks very wrinkled and old. I have tried a few of my eye creams (and gel's) to soften and mosturize the area but that is not helping at all. Could the Cetaphil face wash be drying out my eye area this bad ? I do wash my eye area with the Cetaphil to remove all the eye make-up, after I have used my Andrea's Eye Q's eye make-up remover pads- I want to make sure all my eye make-up comes off.

Should I cut down on the BP gel to once a day ? Should I just slather on some kind of miracle cream around my horribly dried eye area ? Should I stop using the Cetaphil face wash around my eye areas ? I am lost on this and want to keep using the program, but my old wrinkled eyes are really bothering me. Maybe this will just go away as my face get's used to all these new drying products ?

I have attached a few images of my dry eyes and full face shot so you can see what I am talking about. I am not sure if I have attached the pics correctly.....it may just have a link to click on instead. I also created an album in the gallery that might be easier to see the photos in a larger view.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf2...c27c40000001010

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf2...667a60000001010

If anyone has any suggestions on what I am doing wrong I would love to hear them.

Thank you !

smile.gif

Pattie

Here's what really works for me, I ran into the same problem when I first began the regimen two months ago. Immediately after I wash my face I apply moisterizer (Eucrerin skin renewal) around the eye area ONLY. This is while I wait the 15 mins to put on BP. After initially applying moisterizer around the eye area, I don't touch my eye area from then on. Because even though you don't apply BP to the eye area, even the slightest traces of it on your hands can be extremely drying to the eye area. Hope that helps.

Hello everyone,

I need some help..........

I am new to The Regimen.  I just started a few days ago. I started using Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser for normal to oily skin face wash, followed by some Triad 6% PB cream I had and then I finished with Eucerin Skin Renewal lotion.  I just got my 2.5% bp gel in the mail yesterday evening so I just switched to the gel last night and have used it 3 times so far.

My problem is that I am NOT putting the bp or the Eucerin cream anywhere near my eyes, but for some reason the skin around my eyes has completely dried up and looks very wrinkled and old.  I have tried a few of my eye creams (and gel's) to soften and mosturize the area but that is not helping at all. Could the Cetaphil face wash be drying out my eye area this bad ?  I do wash my eye area with the Cetaphil to remove all the eye make-up, after I have used my Andrea's Eye Q's eye make-up remover pads- I want to make sure all my eye make-up comes off.

Should I cut down on the BP gel to once a day ?  Should I just slather on some kind of miracle cream around my horribly dried eye area ?  Should I stop using the Cetaphil face wash around my eye areas ?  I am lost on this and want to keep using the program, but my old wrinkled eyes are really bothering me.  Maybe this will just go away as my face get's used to all these new drying products ?

I have attached a few images of my dry eyes and full face shot so you can see what I am talking about.  I am not sure if I have attached the pics correctly.....it may just have a link to click on instead.  I also created an album in the gallery that might be easier to see the photos in a larger view. 

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf2...c27c40000001010

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf2...667a60000001010

If anyone has any suggestions on what I am doing wrong I would love to hear them.

Thank  you !

smile.gif 

Pattie

needinghelp has some good advice. You may also want to try using a vitamin A or retinol cream around the eye area (use both day and night). It has worked for me.

biggrin.gif

Thanks for all your advice everyone !!! I ultimately followed the advice of Needinghelp and just used the Eucerin Skin Renewal cream around my eyes, right after washing my face and leaving the area alone for the rest of The Regimen. I also cheated and used a non approved product........my boyfriends St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub, because I noticed my chin was starting to totally flake up. The end result ? I have two links to click below that show the eye area is much better. I think it's mostly the Skin Renewal lotion though that regenerated this new healthy skin just to the corner of my eyes. In the red circled area you can see half of the skin is the new skin and half is the old brown skin that I am hoping will flake off too the longer I am using the skin renewal lotion from Eucerin. I also learned a lesson that I shouldn't use bp gel all over my face... just on my problem areas, as Dan says in his video series. I just went hog wild and put it everywhere, including the sides of my eyes (although not undernearth) and this is how I got into trouble. I may try the retin-a cream in the future. I just wanted to avoid purchasing anything new since I just fired my dermatologist (after spending $ 500 to clear my face- which didn't work) since I want to try Dan's route instead. I will post more progress on the eye area in a few days. Again, thanks for everyones input !!

biggrin.gif

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf2...3765c0000001010

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf2...8f7770000001010

For some reason the pics still turn out really small, so I have added them to gallery where you can see them better. I'm posting them from Shutterfly.com so I don't know what the problem is.

I use an eye cream and that works for me. I don't understand why the eyes get so dry on the regimen because even my lids get dry, and BP definitely doesn't go on my eyelids. Oh well.

Week #2 of using the Eucerin Skin renewal and my eye skin area is so soft and has baby new, unwrinkled skin there. Just wanted to update. Hoping the link below works, if not you can view the eye progress in the gallery.

anthrogal - you are right. It is really odd how the top of my eyelids (near my eyebrows) get's all dry on The Regimen........even though I don't use bp anywhere near there. So, now I use the Eucerin Skin Renewal not only directly under and next to my eye, but totally around my eyes.......on the brow and under the brow, too. It's been working fantastic !!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/uploads/1..._1100481765.jpg

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/uploads/1..._1100481558.jpg

Pattie, I also had the dryness around the eyes and did start using the Eucerin the way you and needinghelp have described! I also put chap stick on my lips immediately after drying my face 'cos some BP would get on my upper lip and dry me out BIG TIME. Easy fix, but GOLDEN!!! biggrin.gif

Seriously, mother nature works best: olive oil of any kind will sooth and moisturize even the worst of wrinkled skin. Its light and you don't have to worry about preservatives, chemicals and all that nasty nonsense.

My mom has used it like forever and she has amazing skin.

put plain old vaseline on your eye area before you start the regimen, this will prevent any of the medication from seeping onto the skin in that area