Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jenny19

What Worked For Me (Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Sleeping Recovery Mask)

Hi guys! I'm new to posting, but I've read the forum before. I just want to make it clear before I start that I am in no way affiliated with a brand - I'm literally an 18 year old kid who's struggled with acne for years and I finally found a product that works for me - and it's not even made for acne! So I've had acne for years, and I'm definitely a picker (it's always been a large problem of mine). This led to some acne marks on my cheeks, which I thought would fade in a few months, but actually lasted THREE YEARS and THREE SEPARATE LASER TREATMENTS (I know right!?) They weren't so dark - not icepick, but purple to pink and foundation by itself wouldn't cover it up - concealer was very necessary! Add on top of that, my current acne still hasn't gone away - after years of being on aczone! I thought the problem of my current acne might've been moisturizer (I've tried a few different brands - one of them clear clinic, one of them neutrogena for sensitive skin). I thought maybe that though the aczone was fighting the acne, the moisturizer was making me break out at the same time. But, if I used less moisturizer, I'd still have acne and my face would be a flaky mess! So I took this old hydrating mask that my mom had lying around (about 3 weeks ago at the start of my Christmas break) and not only did it get rid of all my acne - my 3 YEAR OLD MARKS are ALMOST COMPLETELY FADED - also, it doesn't seem to make me break out and though it does make me flake a bit, since it's a mask it doesn't really dry so when I was my face in the morning, the flakes come off completely with no leftover or anything. So I figured I'd give you guys my new routine because I've seriously never seen results like this with anything I've ever done before!

Morning: wash face with cetaphil gentle skin cleanser

Night:

1. if wearing makeup, wash off with the cetaphil
  2. Wash face with a benzoyl peroxide face wash (I really like Panoxyl!) - sometime's if I feel like I'm breaking out a bit more I'll leave the Panoxyl on for 10 minutes or so
  3. Put on Aczone (or other acne treatment)
  4. Put on a very healthy amount of Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Sleeping Recovery Mask (I know it's expensive but it has literally saved my skin - I've never seen anything like it! - and it was 10000x less expensive than the laser treatments!)

Disclaimer - if you're not going to wash your face in the morning DO NOT do any of this!!! I hate washing my face in the morning but this will likely make you break out more if you dont wash it off!!!!!!!!!!

Also sorry if this seems really scattered! I just really wanted to spread the word about this product (the sleeping recovery mask) because I haven't felt this comfortable with my skin since I was maybe 10-12 and I'd love if this was able to work for someone else and they could feel this way too! Also sorry I'm not posting a picture - I don't have any pictures of my acne before! (was waaaay too embarrassed to take one) but good luck guys!!! Hope you all find something that works for you!