Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys,

a week and a half ago, 2 weeks on wednesday, i started using Retin-A-Micro for my mild acne. I've been breaking out like crazy and my skin is peeling during the day.

My question to you is, should I quit and try something else? When does it start working? When does the peeling go away and how can i stop it now?

Right now, im just washing my face with water at night, then applying the retin a micro. I don't want to wait 6 months for it to start working.

HELP!

thanks guys.

hey guys,

Last wednesday night i started using Retin-A-Micro for my mild acne. I've been breaking out like crazy and my skin is peeling during the day.

My question to you is, should I quit and try something else? When does it start working? When does the peeling go away and how can i stop it now?

Right now, im just washing my face with water at night, then applying the retin a micro. I don't want to wait 6 months for it to start working.

HELP!

thanks guys.

hey guys,

a week and a half ago, 2 weeks on wednesday, i started using Retin-A-Micro for my mild acne. I've been breaking out like crazy and my skin is peeling during the day.

HELP!

thanks guys.

thanks guys. i've heard everything from 3 weeks to 6 months for the breakouts to stop. Thinking of it, I have been putting a decent amount on. My skin is breaking out and my thinking is to put it on the problem areas over again so it might be less in the morning.

Will putting benzyl peroxide affect my treatment with Retin-A micro?

sorry about all the questions, but i appreciate it. thanks in advance.

Hey ugk,

Don't sweat it, this is exactly what Retin-A micro is supposed to do. Also you should only be using a pea size amount. Using more than that or putting extra on your problem areas will not help your cause. As others have recommended, you should probably slow down to once a day or once every other day. My derm put me on benzaclin at night and retin-a in the morning. Benzaclin has BP in it so I'm assuming its safe to mix the two. However, as far as I'm aware you should not put both on at the same time cause the incredients in each of the products offset each other. You should check out the Retin-A website, it provides some positive reinforcement for the time frames regarding the improvements you should expect in the skin. Just gotta suck it up for a few more weeks! Good luck!

thanks for the advice, guys. i went to the retin a micro web site and it said that using benzyl peroxide would/might neutralize the effect of retin a micro. any thoughts on this?

I used BP in the a.m and Retin-a at night. My derm said to, it is done often.

That said, I wish I never took retin-a. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but the initial break-out just gave me scars. I never got completely clear. sad.gif

It does work for some though, so good luck.

If the 'initial' breakout lasted for 6 months, this product wouldn't even be on the market. It took me almost a month to stop breaking out and in that time i was also tempted to quit but I'm glad I didn't. I've been on it for 6 months now and it's been working great for me. When i first started using it, my face was quite irritated and red but that eventually subsided. You gotta look like crap before you can look better, heh. I also tried the bp thing in the morning with retin-a at night but it irritated me too much and i broke out so just be careful about putting a lot of products on your face.

ggrrr. i really hate this medicine. im breaking out all over the place. anyways, i started to drink green tea yesterday and told myself i would make green tea when i come home everday.

Im also peeling like crazy too. Even thought I take a shower every morning, by noon my face has white peelings on it.

my question is, are there any moisturizers or products that i can put on in the morning so i dont peel?

i really want to quit this stupid retin a micro. this wednesday will mark my 2nd full week. ahhhhh

thanks in advance guys.

I, personally, regret ever taking that medicine. It gave me new scars just due to the stupid initial break out. My advice would be to try something else, but I am bitter when it comes to retin-a. I think it is crap. Only you can decide what's best for you.