Notifications
Clear all

Coconut Milk Kefir Did Not Help My Acne

MemberMember
(@thestruggle2)

Posted : 01/02/2015 3:02 pm

I'm lactose intolerant and dairy breaks me out. I also have gut issues ( can't eat FODMAPS, maple syrup and honey, carrots, zucchini, rice, sweet potatoes, coconut cream, coconut flour, egg whites, meats) and wish to consume more probiotics, so I decided to start making my own coconut milk kefir.

Unfortunately it seems to be breaking me out just like dairy kefir. Is there any probiotic drink that won't break me out?

This is totally depressing I tried to make this batch as dairy free as possible, and I'm still breaking out, getting acne on my cheeks.

Is it maybe i'm allergic to coconut itself, if so then WAAAHHH. I eat coconut butter everyday and my skin will be fine. But when I have a cup of coconut milk kefir my skin does not react well.

All I had today was a cup of coconut milk kefir, w/ collagen hydrolysate ( tested it does not break me out), and some coconut butter. And great a nice new inflamed pimple on my cheek appears.

Coconut milk kefir is hailed to be dairy free and skin clearing! I even made it so it is 100% dairy free, used kefir grains for first batch then made two new batches out of that batch and the batch before.

Whyyyyy?

I'm guessing i'm allergic to coconut. Anybody else experience this or something like it?

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 01/02/2015 4:19 pm

If you can't eat coconut cream, you probably can't drink coconut milk?

MemberMember
(@kutenaigirl)

Posted : 01/21/2015 7:23 pm

While probiotic foods can be great for improving gut health, they can be problematic if you have bacterial overgrowth. This is a common problem andmany people suffer from it. In this case, fermented food and probiotics can make it worse.

You may also have a problem with the kefir bacteria itself, and maybe not the actual coconut.

What kind of diet are you currently eating?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/30/2015 2:18 pm

While probiotic foods can be great for improving gut health, they can be problematic if you have bacterial overgrowth. This is a common problem andmany people suffer from it. In this case, fermented food and probiotics can make it worse.

You may also have a problem with the kefir bacteria itself, and maybe not the actual coconut.

What kind of diet are you currently eating?

Why is this, I wonder? Does the introduction of probiotics into one's gut encourage candida die off? I just purchased some kefir today. Hope it doesn't aggravate my skin. I would love to find coconut kefir but I'll have to make a special trip to Whole Foods for that.

MemberMember
(@kutenaigirl)

Posted : 01/30/2015 2:29 pm

Well if you have too much bacteria in your gut. And I am talking about too much bacteria in the small intestine (generally bacteria should be limited to the large intestine). If you have small intestine bacteria overgrowth, and you eat probiotics or fermented foods, then you introduce even more bacteria into the body and you are basically adding fuel to the fire. This is why some people's problems get worse with probiotics. You can get tested for small intestine bacterial overgrowth. It's relatively inexpensive and gives some great information as to whether or not you can thrive from taking probiotics or not. I hope this helps!

Exning liked
MemberMember
(@diamond89)

Posted : 01/31/2015 7:17 pm

You don't have to drink any kind of milk to get Calcium (that's what my dentist says). You get calcium through tap water and broccoli so don't worry about substituting anything.

MemberMember
(@stolendog)

Posted : 03/05/2015 3:49 pm

Histamine intolerance is an issue with me for acne. Fermented foods (kefir, vinegar, etc) invariably break me out.

MemberMember
(@centiabeby)

Posted : 01/23/2016 12:09 pm

Well maybe you can try to make kefir without using coconut water but try to using goat's milk. And let see .. if your acne is still out, its's detox. That's good, and don't stop the consumption then your face will be clean

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/29/2016 5:53 am

Try kombucha, beet kvass, water kefir. Colostrum might help as well. Everything is like a band aid except accutane.