Notifications
Clear all

I Can Predict My Acne Based On My Sex Drive

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 01/02/2015 12:13 am

Does anyone else have this? Each time my drive is higher, I know for a fact I'm about to break out in large, deep ad painful acne. And I'm hardly ever wrong. I've been thinking, since I can predict my acne a couple days in advance with great accuracy (95% or so) just based on my drive, I wonder if there's any prevention methods I can try. Like taking antibiotic (I read up on women with chronic UTI problems taking them each time after sex), or extra hormonal treatment (if it doesn't mess up the balance). Any thoughts?

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 01/02/2015 3:03 pm

Hi...this sounds like a cyclical issue, I.e. hormones. Are you on birth control?

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 01/04/2015 3:40 pm

Yes I am. Birth control helped me a lot as a teen, I was completely clear. And continued to do so over the years each time I went off and broke out. Except this one time when I stopped for 2 weeks, restarted, and I think it messed something up because it's been over a year and I'm still breaking out like never before even though I'm on Yaz. Inositol helps, but I'm still not completely clear.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 01/05/2015 6:35 am

Yes, I get that too....high sex drive = increased appetite = worse skin. Must be the high androgens causing this. However, nowadays my sex drive has been moderately high every day yet my skin has been stable (knock wood).

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 01/05/2015 8:51 pm

Yes, I get that too....high sex drive = increased appetite = worse skin. Must be the high androgens causing this. However, nowadays my sex drive has been moderately high every day yet my skin has been stable (knock wood).

That's what I would want ideally. I did notice lower sex drive in the middle of cycle when I increased Inositol. I think if you have relatively high drive and good skin, you must be doing something right. You'd think in that case you're taking something that has to reduce your skin's sensitivity to androgens. Could any of your supplements be doing that?