Notifications
Clear all

Just Want To Share How I'm Controlling My Hormonal Acne

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 01/02/2015 12:00 am

Hey so I just recently found out a cheap method that surprisingly works well in controlling my acne, and I have been trying this for a month before posting to see if the results were consistent but to be sure can you guys try it out too, it should cost only at most $20.

Anyways, this method is nothing new but it consists of taking 3 supplements that you can purchase at Walmart. These supplements are: Zinc, Vitamin D3 5000 IU, and Omega 3 Fish oil.

The results I've had we're very significant, like during the first week almost all the acne on my neck disappeared. Also, cysts heals a lot quicker and tiny acne stay tiny and no longer grows into huge white heads(which used ALWAYS happen). Though I still do breakout a little since my hormones are too strong, but believe me these results are a lot better than what I got from antibiotics. Oh and make sure you're taking ALL 3 of them because I used to only take 2 but noticed better results after taking all 3.

I discovered it when I was depressed of having severe acne for 4 years of nothing working(didn't try accutane) and googled how to cure acne and came up to a site called clearskinforever. I didn't buy their book because I don't believe anyone should be making money off of others misery. But the website strongly recommended those 3 supplements specifically because deficiency of those supplements can lead to acne.

You can read all about their anti acne benefits on their site. Which always makes me think if all humans were naturally supposed to have clear skin but our terrible processed diet caused us to be deficient in the vitamins/minerals that helped our skin.

Sorry I got off topic, but yes here are some additional tips to avoid acne:

1. Avoid vegetable oil(polyunsaturated fat) since eating a high ratio of polyunsaturated fat to monosaturated will definitely promote inflammation or acne. So if you ever have to eat vegetable oil, take a lot of monosaturated fat as they reduce inflammation.

2. Obviously avoid Dairy(though I haven't tested this but everybody says so)

3. Avoid masturbation?(I know its a myth but there's been too many times I've broken out after i masturbated, I dunno maybe it's because masturbation increases sebum production)

4. Whenever you feel a breakout is coming or going to grow, take more than the daily dose of the supplements(I know overdosing is dangerous but since acne sufferers are deficient, why not?)

So if your dermatologist refuses to give you accutane(like me unfortunately..) can you guys try this out and see if you have any improvements? I don't want to sound like a crazy person now :(

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 01/03/2015 12:38 pm

I'd like to second taking 5000 IU of Vitamin D, zinc and fish oil. They are all immune system boosters and adequate Vitamin D and fish oil consumption are critical to optimum health. If your immune system is stronger your body should be better at fighting off the bacteria causing your pimples. I also noticed reduced inflammation of my pimples after starting zinc supplementation.

What ultimately worked/works for me are certain supplements, daily benzoyl peroxide application and Triple Antibiotic Ointment. I have not changed my diet and I have not cut dairy in any capacity. Masturbation did not play a role in my breakouts. Be careful with taking too much zinc. There are toxicity concerns at chronically high doses.

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 01/03/2015 1:28 pm

Nice! Its good to know there are others who have seen improvement in their acne from these supplements. Yeah I agree about masturbation, I think im just finding something to blame for my breakouts which could be caused by something else. I should also stop overdosing on zinc, I can tell its pontentially harmful just by the fact that it makes you feel nauseas.

MemberMember
(@im66)

Posted : 01/03/2015 10:08 pm

I'm curious as to if while on these supplements that you're also following a better diet, such as avoiding trigger foods like dairy or not?

I know for a fact dairy kills my face. No intolerance here, just that it doesn't work with my acne. Also peanuts seem to be breaking me out, but I can eat them without allergic reactions. Also chocolate or anything high in sugar or carbs seem to break me out terribly. I've never been allergic to anything to the point where I cannot consume something, but a lot of foods I've found I cannot eat without breaking out.

I've been wondering if my problem has been hormonal or not. I've seen a steady decline in the amount of pimples I've gotten since I was 13-14. My face is almost clear with light acne, but still has noticeable white heads I dread waking up to.

I'm trying D3 right now, but not seeing many results. I've seen many posts and articles that say you should take it with Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin A, or Vitamin K (K2 I believe?) to make it effective and absorb better in one's system. I've never heard of it interacting any better with Zinc or Fish Oils though. I live in a snowy climate most of the year so I don't get nearly the adequate amount of sun I should be getting. But I'm not exactly sure that D3 is helping me any. It's been a week and a half, so it might be too soon to judge it, but the wait is killing me! haha

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 01/04/2015 2:39 am

I'm curious as to if while on these supplements that you're also following a better diet, such as avoiding trigger foods like dairy or not?

I know for a fact dairy kills my face. No intolerance here, just that it doesn't work with my acne. Also peanuts seem to be breaking me out, but I can eat them without allergic reactions. Also chocolate or anything high in sugar or carbs seem to break me out terribly. I've never been allergic to anything to the point where I cannot consume something, but a lot of foods I've found I cannot eat without breaking out.

I've been wondering if my problem has been hormonal or not. I've seen a steady decline in the amount of pimples I've gotten since I was 13-14. My face is almost clear with light acne, but still has noticeable white heads I dread waking up to.

I'm trying D3 right now, but not seeing many results. I've seen many posts and articles that say you should take it with Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin A, or Vitamin K (K2 I believe?) to make it effective and absorb better in one's system. I've never heard of it interacting any better with Zinc or Fish Oils though. I live in a snowy climate most of the year so I don't get nearly the adequate amount of sun I should be getting. But I'm not exactly sure that D3 is helping me any. It's been a week and a half, so it might be too soon to judge it, but the wait is killing me! haha

Yeah everything diet related you listed breaks me out as well. It sucks how easily we can break out just eating a tiny amount of these trigger foods.. But anyways honestly there's too many factors that cause acne, I guess vitamin deficiency was causing most of mines. Unfortunately everybody has to spend months or years experimenting to find theirs. It took me 3-4 years :(

MemberMember
(@im66)

Posted : 01/04/2015 11:15 am

Yeah everything diet related you listed breaks me out as well. It sucks how easily we can break out just eating a tiny amount of these trigger foods.. But anyways honestly there's too many factors that cause acne, I guess vitamin deficiency was causing most of mines. Unfortunately everybody has to spend months or years experimenting to find theirs. It took me 3-4 years

It ends up being difficult to find things to eat at some point. Especially when you're on this website looking at everything everybody else is suggesting kicking from their diets that "you should too!"... I was looking at a list of high glycemic foods and essentially it looks as though I'll be living off celery for the rest of my life! hahaha

I've noticed my acne decrease significantly over the years, but lately I'm not sure if it will ever just "fix itself". I started taking B5 today because I've read a lot of positive things about it, but I'd never take the 10 grams they recommend... Outrageous in my opinion. Though I've found Vaseline to be a pretty good moisturizer and it reduces all the redness on my face. Even took care of some pimples too! I was out with family yesterday and ate terribly. I looked at my face last night, about a dozen white heads. Trigger foods hit me that fast... But I woke up this morning to a surprise. Usually I'd get either the same amount or more after a night's sleep (without putting on Retin-A, which I didn't last night). But this morning I had a few white heads compared to a dozen last night. I was shocked haha. I'll certainly keep that up, but I wished I could find a vitamin, mineral, or amino acid that helps to regulate the hormones that still aren't in sync even though I'm eating a healthy diet (most of the time).

Here's to hoping! hahaha