Notifications
Clear all

Why Is Acne.org-Brand Bp So Expensive?

MemberMember
(@flick)

Posted : 01/01/2015 11:16 am

Is there anything special about it? All 2.5% BP products are the same, right? So why is it so much?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 01/01/2015 11:30 am

Hey there.

Not sure what other BPs you are comparing the Acne.org BP to but the ones I have noticed are Benzac and PanOxyl.

I live in the Philippines and for about 60ml of those products they cost a little more than a third of the big BP of Acne.org. Those 60ml tubes last me two weeks and the big Acne.org bottle lasts me more than 3 months. So to me it really comes out so much cheaper than buying those tiny tubes.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 01/01/2015 1:28 pm

The Acne.org brand products are not expensive. They are HUGE compared to any other bp products you find in stores.

For instance, Neutrogena on-the-spot 2.5% benzoyl peroxide is around $7 for 0.75 ounce. Not even a full ounce!

You get an 8oz of our bp for $19.29 or 16oz for $37.38.

When you figure ounce for ounce you get more bang for your buck.

You would have to buy around 11 little tubes of Neutrogena on the spot to equal our 8oz. That would be $77!

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 01/01/2015 2:23 pm

I don't think that the benzoyl peroxide treatment from Acne.org is expensive, the big bottle that I get lasts me forever, well literally talking,I really don't mark the date on the bottle when I start using it. I have used prescription bp and I can tell you those are really harsh to the skin ,they don't even penetrate the skin, they just burn it .

I have also tried and use persa gel 5%, only to rub pimples on my hair , because if I use it on my face as a spot treatment, the persa gel burns and dries the skin really bad.

The Neutrogena bp is expensive for the little tube.

Proactiv 3rd step bp treatment that I paid and used for many years cost me dear , and didn't even felt like the lotion was going in my pores , it always felt sticky , like it was sitting on top of my face.

With the acne.org bp treatment , this is what I have noticed , when my face starts to get itchy and I apply it , many face goes ,oh ,ah!

Relief!.The way this lotion is formulated is awesome,I'm 52 , my skin is very frail and sensitive and no matter what, dry or oily skin , because of unbalanced hormones these days , this lotion feels right on my skin,I have never been able to use a moisturizer for a long period of time, the moisturizing I get comes from the silicone that make up foundation provides me

with.

I'm really sorry ,I sidetracked away from the subject, I'm just trying to say that compared to quality and quantity , the acne.org benzoyl peroxide treatment is the winner.

MemberMember
(@flick)

Posted : 01/02/2015 12:30 pm

Here's one example of cheaper BP, which is $22 cheaper for the 16oz. brand: http://www.amazon.com/Benzoyl-Peroxide-Dr-Song-Treatment/dp/B00DFEGDVS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420219684&sr=8-1&keywords=benzoyl+peroxide+2.5%25

But like I said, maybe it's different? Seems similar to me though.

MemberMember
(@flick)

Posted : 01/11/2015 3:09 pm

Bump.

I don't think that the benzoyl peroxide treatment from Acne.org is expensive, the big bottle that I get lasts me forever, well literally talking,I really don't mark the date on the bottle when I start using it. I have used prescription bp and I can tell you those are really harsh to the skin ,they don't even penetrate the skin, they just burn it .
I have also tried and use persa gel 5%, only to rub pimples on my hair , because if I use it on my face as a spot treatment, the persa gel burns and dries the skin really bad.
The Neutrogena bp is expensive for the little tube.
Proactiv 3rd step bp treatment that I paid and used for many years cost me dear , and didn't even felt like the lotion was going in my pores , it always felt sticky , like it was sitting on top of my face.
With the acne.org bp treatment , this is what I have noticed , when my face starts to get itchy and I apply it , many face goes ,oh ,ah!
Relief!.The way this lotion is formulated is awesome,I'm 52 , my skin is very frail and sensitive and no matter what, dry or oily skin , because of unbalanced hormones these days , this lotion feels right on my skin,I have never been able to use a moisturizer for a long period of time, the moisturizing I get comes from the silicone that make up foundation provides me
with.
I'm really sorry ,I sidetracked away from the subject, I'm just trying to say that compared to quality and quantity , the acne.org benzoyl peroxide treatment is the winner.

5% BP is completely different. We're discussing 2.5% BP here, strictly.

MemberMember
(@lovvvving-the-regimen)

Posted : 01/11/2015 4:02 pm

I find it to be more gentle on the skin, It is humungous compared to other bottles and lasts forever. Dan's BP was the 3rd one i tired on the regimen. I used a neutrogena tube (only lasted a week or 2). $6. That left a white residue on my face and was a cream. I then switched to a 1.7 oz tube of cliniques all over treatment (2.5% BP) that one seemed to last about 3 weeks and seemed very harsh on my skin. also left a white residue. costs about 20$. After seeing that i was purchasing these products too often, i decided to buy the 16 oz BP from Dan. Let me say.... it was worth it! It lasts forever! I even bought my sister the 8oz tube and it was huge!!!! I looove his products they are sooo gentle and they dont leave any white residue! I will never buy any other BP. It is a gel and dries on clear!

MemberMember
(@foreverill)

Posted : 01/17/2015 7:09 pm

The price of the BP doesn't bother me, it's the slow shipping. The first time I ordered, it took 10 days to get here. On my current order it has been 2 weeks and still hasn't arrived. And why do they use different carriers all the time? On the order that took 10 days the carrier was FedEx, now it's USPS. 2 weeks to receive an item within the same country is unacceptable to me.

Here's one example of cheaper BP, which is $22 cheaper for the 16oz. brand: http://www.amazon.com/Benzoyl-Peroxide-Dr-Song-Treatment/dp/B00DFEGDVS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420219684&sr=8-1&keywords=benzoyl+peroxide+2.5%25

But like I said, maybe it's different? Seems similar to me though.

That looks like a great alternative to acne.org BP. After this order arrives (if it ever comes), I will try amazon.

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 01/19/2015 2:01 pm

I order the acne.org benzoyl peroxide treatment through Amazon,it gets here within 3 to 4 days ,but I don't know if it is because I'm in California.

MemberMember
(@librarirun)

Posted : 02/02/2015 5:34 pm

I'd like to bump this topic - mostly concerning the consistent price increase of all the acne.org products. I understand that as months/years go by, products take more money to make (inflation etc..) - however, I've been using Dan's products since 2008 and it's been recently that the prices have really started to go up.

All are 16 oz bottle prices, starting my first use comparison:

July 2008
Cleanser: $9.50
BP: $32.03
May 2013 (6 years no price change)
Cleanser: $10.93
BP: $36.83
Oct 2014 (another price increase)
Cleanser: $11.08
BP: $37.38
You will notice here, six years without a price change (I checked all my invoices/orders through the store) and now suddenly the prices in 2013 jumped $4 on the BP - and now another year it jumped again (not much, but still for six years, no jump?) I love Dan's products, I'm just hoping that this price increase isn't something that is going to keep continuing. The reason I decided to bring this concern up was after seeing some comments on a cheaper version of BP (similar to Dan's BP) selling on Amazon. In the comments, many people who commented to review the product were users of acne.org's BP and they admitted that they decided to try this crappy BP mostly because Dan's BP is/was getting too expensive for them.
I'm a 100% loyal customer to acne.org products. They have worked consistently for me through these ongoing 8 years - please, Dan, don't keep going up with your prices. After I read the reviews on amazon, I realized I wasn't the only loyal acne.org user to be hit by the inflation of prices.
Just thought I'd put this out there for consideration. Obviously, Dan can charge what he wants for his products and I understand he's doing the best he can (and now free shipping) - I just wanted to share this information to show that some of us dedicated users of his products are trying to deal with the $$$$ .
giveback and jbann liked
MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 02/05/2015 10:23 am

The price increase was to balance out shipping fees. After much feedback on the shipping fees and talking with our customers and what they wanted, Dan decided to raise the price of the products just a bit in order to decrease some of the shipping fees. Dan had a big post about this awhile back. You are right that the price did not go up any for many years but with shipping fees being what they were, many people stated they would be happy paying a bit more for the products if Dan could do something about the shipping fees.