Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rommie

You guys dont have it bad....

i woke up this morning...dad had to go to doctor and they say he could have prostate cancer.....makes all my zits vanish.........i really started to get over my zits and now...they are nothing. What a horrible day. And the worst part is....hes had symptoms for a long time...but hes the type of person that doesnt like to see doctors......so the situation doesnt look good. Have any of you known anyone with prostate cancer? I hope you guys can look past your marks and scars and see the bigger picture. Im so worried sad.gif

I'm terribly sorry about your dad.. sad.gif You're right, we do have it so good.. Acne can be really depressing sometimes, but acne won't kill us. There's ppl born with this deadly disease and that.. or like Rommie's father, just found out he had cancer.. and there's really not that much they can do about it. Be thankful guys... Again, I'm so sorry Rommie.. Take care and I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

i woke up this morning...dad had to go to doctor and they say he could have prostate cancer.....makes all my zits vanish.........i really started to get over my zits and now...they are nothing. What a horrible day.  And the worst part is....hes had symptoms for a long time...but hes the type of person that doesnt like to see doctors......so the situation doesnt look good.  Have any of you known anyone with prostate cancer?  I hope you guys can look past your marks and scars and see the bigger picture.  Im so worried  sad.gif

cry.gif when there something wrong, he just ignores it. Hes been hiding it. I think hes been hiding it for a long time...I wish he'd take better care of himself.

Thanks for reponding guys, I hope this goes away soon. cry.gif

First off, I'm sorry to hear that about your dad. Hope it gets treated successfully.

That's the thing with most males, and I'm not being sexiest,.. they try to put off going to the doctor as much as possible.

Having someone in the family being diagnosed with something like that is scary. Early this year my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. She caught it herself, and it was chance detection. It was a fairly large lump. We were devestated, and hell, thoughts of how she could die made me realize how inpermanent we all are, and none of us are blessed with invincibility.

But fast forward 9 months, done with a masectomy and treatment, chemo, .. though she's taking daily pills, is "cancer-free"...though never sure until 5yr mark, healthy, and back to her old self.

Keep your head up and be strong for your dad.

cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

its too late....doctors say its too late.

this is the all time low....what shit is this.....seriously...wtf?

my moms really down, ive cried so much that i cant cry anymore. the thing is....my dad doesnt know...its gonna be hard this week. Im only 20.....im too young...i still have 1 more year of college...im already skipped 2 years of HS....i dunno....he worries about me and my skool, ill be ok though.

thanks for all ur support guys... it means a lot to me....ive been strong and ive been keeping a smile whenever im with my dad. Things will be ok. I'll be strong....for my dad wub.gif .....for my mom and for my brother.

Yes, you should do that. I stumble opsticles like that. And it made me a bigger person. Smile with your dad. And make him proud of you. Is amazing how parents get so much happiness when their kids makes them proud. Is like the won the lottery.

cry.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif

its too late....doctors say its too late.

this is the all time low....what shit is this.....seriously...wtf?

my moms really down, ive cried so much that i cant cry anymore.  the thing is....my dad doesnt know...its gonna be hard this week.  Im only 20.....im too young...i still have 1 more year of college...im already skipped 2 years of HS....i dunno....he worries about me and my skool, ill be ok though.

thanks for all ur support guys... it means a lot to me....ive been strong and ive been keeping a smile whenever im with my dad.  Things will be ok. I'll be strong....for my dad  wub.gif .....for my mom and for my brother.

My father died when i was 14 right when my acne started getting bad,so you imagine how i spent the last 3 years.Just to know you're not alone.

Thanks..the sad part isnt the fact that he died so much but the circumstances/way..anw i dont want to get you folks too emotional.

yea but what kind of reason would it be??

how is someone suffering through something as painful as cancer reasonable or justifiable in any sort of way?

people (family members etc) wise up and realise, "Hey let's not be self-centred anymore" and start to overlook their own problems and show care & concern before it's too late.

They'd be more aware of their own health in the future too.

kids of divorced couples also learn to be more independent and strong.

acne humbles people, and they won't take good skin for granted anymore.

There's definitely something to learn from every bad experience.