Notifications
Clear all

Acne Marks/ Hyperpigmentation : Can You Tell Me If This Is Permanant? Pics

MemberMember
(@meeethooo)

Posted : 12/31/2014 2:35 am

some days its redder than others and id like to know if this is gonna go away. i need it to:( ive been looking into laser treatments

post-442447-0-95034900-1420011321_thumb.

post-442447-0-01865300-1420011330_thumb.

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 12/31/2014 2:54 am

Before you look into treatments for hyper-pigmentation I would look into calming down all the active acne first. Make sure you treat the acne with a topical and/or antibiotic, or accutane if that's the regime you are taking... also make sure you're using moisturizer throughout and being very gentle when washing the skin and applying any medications or lotions! The better you treat the skin, the better it will be as far as redness. This goes for picking too, avoid it if you can.

Once you have the active acne cleared up then you can look at things to dissipate the marks. Laser treatments are great for this, as-well as rolling scars. Chemical peels help exfoliate, but they can be quite irritating for a lot of people.. and then there's always retinoid creams and AHA that chemically exfoliate the skin. Remember to ALWAYS wear sunscreen when going out in any sun exposure, and just generally take care of your skin, the acne and redmarks will eventually go away with the proper treatment of your skin. What you are going through will not be forever. Just keep your head up, you have plenty of good options (:

MemberMember
(@meeethooo)

Posted : 12/31/2014 3:25 am

Before you look into treatments for hyper-pigmentation I would look into calming down all the active acne first. Make sure you treat the acne with a topical and/or antibiotic, or accutane if that's the regime you are taking... also make sure you're using moisturizer throughout and being very gentle when washing the skin and applying any medications or lotions! The better you treat the skin, the better it will be as far as redness. This goes for picking too, avoid it if you can.

Once you have the active acne cleared up then you can look at things to dissipate the marks. Laser treatments are great for this, as-well as rolling scars. Chemical peels help exfoliate, but they can be quite irritating for a lot of people.. and then there's always retinoid creams and AHA that chemically exfoliate the skin. Remember to ALWAYS wear sunscreen when going out in any sun exposure, and just generally take care of your skin, the acne and redmarks will eventually go away with the proper treatment of your skin. What you are going through will not be forever. Just keep your head up, you have plenty of good options (:

thank you! does it look like scarring to you or more hyperpigmentation? i am about to start accutane

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 12/31/2014 3:40 am

thank you! does it look like scarring to you or more hyperpigmentation? i am about to start accutane

I think there will be some rolling scarring when you clear up, but nothing I would consider to be very severe.. and certainly not something that is untreatable. Just make sure that you don't go for any laser treatment until you are 6 months finished of accutane. I'm sure your dermatologist has told you this, but it will leave the skin vulnerable for that time frame afterwords.

Best of luck on your cycle, and do keep posted on your progress! (:

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/31/2014 7:14 am

Doubt it. Really depends on how well your skin heals brother.

Do you have any scars on your face from previous acne? That should give you an idea on how your face should look like.

If its cystic, much higher chance of ACTUAL scarring. Red marks don't stay forever, remember that.

MemberMember
(@meeethooo)

Posted : 12/31/2014 2:18 pm

Doubt it. Really depends on how well your skin heals brother.

Do you have any scars on your face from previous acne? That should give you an idea on how your face should look like.

If its cystic, much higher chance of ACTUAL scarring. Red marks don't stay forever, remember that.

no, never any acne scarring from before. sometimes i think its the lighting that makes it look a little shallow. its just so red thats what really gets to me bro.so you wouldnt say mine is cystic right?

MemberMember
(@meeethooo)

Posted : 12/31/2014 4:09 pm

I think there will be some rolling scarring when you clear up, but nothing I would consider to be very severe.. and certainly not something that is untreatable. Just make sure that you don't go for any laser treatment until you are 6 months finished of accutane. I'm sure your dermatologist has told you this, but it will leave the skin vulnerable for that time frame afterwords.

any tips on how to bring down the inflammation?

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 12/31/2014 9:48 pm

The only solution that has worked for me was accutane, but in general decreasing the stress levels, eating a balanced diet, exercising a little bit and getting 8hrs of sleep should be the lifestyle part of bringing the inflammation down. As far as the skincare regimen, once you get on accutane it'll be just mild facewash- pretty simple.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 01/01/2015 5:24 am

any tips on how to bring down the inflammation?

ice is definitely a start