Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girl3900

Why do i always scar?

Nearly every pimple i get, I scar. It'll be the tiniest thing and it will still leave a mark. My skin is oily so I don't think it has to do with it being dry. I took peoples advice and put moisturizer on them but they still scar. wtf. Why does it seem like everyone else heals perfectly fine from minor breakouts?

are u sure it's not just a mark that looks like a scar for now? some people are more prone to scaring than others..

Everyone is different. Are they just red marks or indented scars? Zinc can help heal your acne and help it from scarring. Vitamin C can also prevent scars. And aloe vera Can prevent scarring if used on the pimple / cyst 3 times daily. Good luck

Zinc 30-50 mg a day

Vit C 1-2 grams a day

Aloe vera 100 % aloe vera gel (cvs, target, walmart)

Nearly every pimple i get, I scar. It'll be the tiniest thing and it will still leave a mark. My skin is oily so I don't think it has to do with it being dry. I took peoples advice and put moisturizer on them but they still scar. wtf. Why does it seem like everyone else heals perfectly fine from minor breakouts?

I remember asking my aesthetician the same thing! She attributed to different things like getting older or getting different types of acne, etc.; basically nothing helpful. But I am beginning to think that if you use retin a or other retinoid deratives, it thins the skin and makes it more prone to scarring.

girl 3900, have you tried Desert Essence Jojoba oil from Trader Joe's? It's a really great moisturizer. While it feels oily on your face, it doesn't break you out, and it replaces the oil that causes acne your skin would otherwise produce. Maybe try that and see if it helps.

There are many factors for scarring, including but not limited to:

- your tendency to scar

- the severity of the lesion

- whether or not it is picked, irritated, etc.

- your healing capability

- other unknowns

I remember asking my aesthetician the same thing!  She attributed to different things like getting older or getting different types of acne, etc.; basically nothing helpful.  But I am beginning to think that if you use retin a or other retinoid deratives, it thins the skin and makes it more prone to scarring.

Hey I scar so easily too. Its like everything that happens to me leaves a mark-- bug bite, scratch, pimples... If i dont pick at it, it scars too or leaves a dark mark...

I wish that my skin healed like others in my family... my dad (he's white) heals so fast... my mom on the other hand (shes from Thailand) has a real hard time healing cuts and bugbites. She has had a pimple on her cheek (its not even that big) for about a month now and shes 62. lol

She used to have these dark spots like freckles all over her cheeks and would go to so many doctors for creams to fade them... well she found something in thailand and used it and her skin is completely clear now!!! And it only took like a month or 2 at most... i cant use that stuff cause it wouldnt really make much of a difference on my skin cause i have indented scars... if i had just dark spots i would be fine. oh well.

sorry for hijacking the thread... but yeah i can relate to ya... i scar so easily its not funny!!!!

I wonder if it's because i'm using retin-a...hmm. I've been on it for about 6 months now. My doctor never told me how long i could be on it, she just keeps writing me prescriptions. It has cleared me up quite well so i'm afraid to switch to something else. Does anyone know how long you can stay on retin-a? Also, (this is a bit gross) how do you keep pimples from popping? I never pick or purpousely pop them myself but if i wash my face they do.

I second the Vitamin C recommendation. The body uses it to build collagen. I haven't scarred at all since I started taking it.