Notifications
Clear all

Acne Goes Away On Vacation, Returns At Home... Possible Causes

MemberMember
(@strax)

Posted : 12/30/2014 1:16 pm

Here are the possible causes I have come up with (my diet is the same on vacation and at home)

1)EMF radiation- lots of cell phones/computers and the cable router is in my room. lots of EMF

2) shower water quality (i have been avoiding water directly on my face and using bottled water on a towel to wash with)

3) Old/dirty items like bed and computer chair.

4) overall air quality. I have a hepa air filter but its possible

What do you guys think ?

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 12/30/2014 2:14 pm

Changes in humidity? Changes in drinking water? Hard versus Soft water? Stress associated with home and work life? More sleep on vacation than at home?

My acne always clears more when I'm at home visiting my parents. Except, of course when I'm eating treats all day ^_^ But my shower water is very hard at my apartment in the city.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 12/30/2014 2:53 pm

relaxed vs stressed...getting more sleep vs sleep deprived?

I bought a shower filter as I've wondered the same thing- may be psychological but with less chlorine and flouride coming at me it just has to be better

sun and ocean salt always clear me up ....I know sun is bad, but for me that is when I'm the clearest....guess I should move!

MemberMember
(@strax)

Posted : 12/30/2014 4:33 pm

The vacation I went on was in state. (just visiting relatives)

I drink bottled water when at home. The house I went to has a spring for water, so the bath water would have been better quality...

I dont wash my face with water at home though

Sun exposure would have been the same.

I also go to tanning beds once per week when at home (i get cysts on my back even when im tanning heavily)

They have a spring. But I think their water is hard also because they have lots of lime scale, even on the drinking glasses.

I think it could have something to do with bedding and my computer chair. Perhaps it is infested with an acne causing mite of some sort or demodex

That or air quality (we have a little mold in the home)

I eat pretty much paleo in both locations. I haven't had a sweet food in 4 or 5 years.

Changes in humidity? Changes in drinking water? Hard versus Soft water? Stress associated with home and work life? More sleep on vacation than at home?

My acne always clears more when I'm at home visiting my parents. Except, of course when I'm eating treats all day But my shower water is very hard at my apartment in the city.

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 12/30/2014 4:41 pm

Wash in very hot water and/or buy new sheets? That might be a good test if you think it's the cause. Also, use a detergent that doesn't contain SLS.

I'm not going to lecture you on tanning beds, but you do know that it damages your skin and greatly increases your risk of melanoma, right? As long as you're aware.

Were you drinking that spring water while at your relative's house, or still the brand of bottled water you drink at home?

MemberMember
(@l7997)

Posted : 12/30/2014 10:13 pm

There are way too many variables you're making assumptions for. if you really want to see if changing them does anything, you'll have to attempt to control one of them and see if there's a difference.