Notifications
Clear all

Need Help .....acne Or Die Of Hunger ?

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 12/29/2014 6:40 pm

hey guys

im a 20 years old guy ....and im in a bit of a problem here

you see a month a go i started this diet to clear my face of acne ....that consists on stopping sugar gluten diary and junk food ....and it was working fine .....but now im afraid that hard times are ahead of me

you see in a couple days from now ...im going to pass my finals and they are not going to be easy (i study medicine) but the real the problem is my diet ....i have to travel to another city and live in a dorm ...;which is fine ...but the problem is ....my test is very early in the morning and the only breakfast they serve is milk (diary).....and if i want to eat outside ...all i can fine is fast food places ...selling juices and pasteries and other not good to your skin stuff

so im kinda stuck choosing between eating well to do well in my tests (i tried going wihtount eating anything ....it was ...BAD) ....and risking more acne coming to surface or ....not eating anything or just eat some fruits and go do my best ....and risk failing it

i tough about boling eggs and eating them for breakfast ....but i heard that they can break you out too...i tough about making a soup or something and heating up in the morning ....but the only place i'll find soup in it ...is a restaurant and they use veg oil (not good)

so im stuck ...what do you guys think ....is there a way to get enough energy and stay clear at the same time

PS: you cant find a lot of organic food in the stores here ....i dont live in the US

sorry for my english(not my first nor second tongue)

MemberMember
(@cvd)

Posted : 12/29/2014 7:45 pm

Will there be a microwave where you are staying? A fridge? If so, then pack your own food. Bring oatmeal or rice (precooked) and some fruit. If you can bring a cooler then also bring some non-dairy milk. Lots of people pack their own food these days!

If you won't have access to a microwave or fridge then just try to eat as wholesome and plain as you can. Eat a couple of bananas, some eggs, rice, etc. You can bring your own bananas and rice cakes. You could even bring some hard boiled eggs...they can last a couple of days unrefrigerated.

If eating out then order as plain as possible...don't worry if it has a bit of oil. Just avoid fried foods. Even fast food places have salads with grilled chicken breast, etc. Get rice and steamed vegetables. Or noodles without sauce and steamed vegetables.

Key is to eat plain foods as wholesome as possible...and then don't worry about it.

Good luck with exams!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 12/30/2014 1:28 am

Find a derm that will give you accutane. Zinc supplement and vegetable juice might also help. Talk about your situation with a derm. They will help you better with your problem.

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 12/30/2014 3:49 am

A grocery store will have many things you can eat at a dorm and still meet your dietary requirements.

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 12/30/2014 7:27 am

Find a derm that will give you accutane. Zinc supplement and vegetable juice might also help. Talk about your situation with a derm. They will help you better with your problem.

accutane ?? that's a terrible advice ....that drug is dangerous....plus if i talk with a derm ....he'll give me his famous speech about how diet and acne not related

i tried acutane once but i stopped due to severe side effects .....a clear face doesnt worth loosing ur hair

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 12/30/2014 8:11 am

Firstly good job on clearing your acne via diet.

You still have a few options. This is personally what I would do.

1. Have a piece of fruit & some nuts each morning.

2. Make yourself a big batch of healthy cereal bars & have one of these each morning & a piece of fruit

3. Personally think eggs are fine. Guessing this one is only an issue for people with an allergy to them

But for sure stay away from that milk.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 12/30/2014 8:19 am

accutane ?? that's a terrible advice ....that drug is dangerous....plus if i talk with a derm ....he'll give me his famous speech about how diet and acne not related

i tried acutane once but i stopped due to severe side effects .....a clear face doesnt worth loosing ur hair

Low dose accutane don't have any side effects. Everything else is like a band aid. Talk to multiple derms.

Best advice in this forum

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 12/30/2014 12:50 pm

Low dose accutane don't have any side effects. Everything else is like a band aid. Talk to multiple derms.

Best advice in this forum

oh really becuz i been on 20 mg of it ...and still got some bad side effects that im still dealing with untill this day

isnt 20 mg low enough