Notifications
Clear all

Clindamycin Phophate And Benzoyle Peroxide

MemberMember
(@acnefree-oneday)

Posted : 12/29/2014 11:43 am

My Dr. just prescribed me Clindamycin Phosphate and Benzoyl Peroxide 1%/5% gel. So far I have been using it for 3 days. She also recommended that I use Panoxyl bar soap (contains 10% benzoyl Peroxide). I have to say that so far I have seen an improvement. The pimples I had are drying. But so is my entire face. I use Oil of Olay as my moisturizer during the day. I am looking for a good moisturizer that I can use at night. Any suggestions? Also, has anyone used Clindamycin before? How was your experience with it?

MemberMember
(@tfios22)

Posted : 12/29/2014 9:24 pm

My Dr. just prescribed me Clindamycin Phosphate and Benzoyl Peroxide 1%/5% gel. So far I have been using it for 3 days. She also recommended that I use Panoxyl bar soap (contains 10% benzoyl Peroxide). I have to say that so far I have seen an improvement. The pimples I had are drying. But so is my entire face. I use Oil of Olay as my moisturizer during the day. I am looking for a good moisturizer that I can use at night. Any suggestions? Also, has anyone used Clindamycin before? How was your experience with it?

Do you wash your face with the Panoxyl bar soap morning and night? Do you apply your prescribed medicine twice a day after following up with cleansing?

If you do wash your face twice a day with the bar soap and do use the acne medication along with it, I suggest that you stop. This is going to be very drying. If you don't use the medication twice a day, and only use it once a day, I would recommend that you don't cleanse your skin with the bar soap before you are going to apply the medication. Use a cleanser that is not medicated for acne instead.

About the soap, I think that 10% is way too much...does the soap come in a less concentration?

For a good moisturizer to use at night, I enjoyed using the Replenishing Rich Moisturizer by Simple while I was using the BP that you are also using.

It had worked fairly well for me, but I would advise you not to abandon this product all at once when you are no longer dealing with breakouts. Start weening off of it by using it every other day then stop.

MemberMember
(@acnefree-oneday)

Posted : 12/30/2014 11:21 am

Thank you so much for the response. This helps. Can I ask you something? Have you used Clindamycin before? Did you use it twice a day or just once a day?

MemberMember
(@kristeng)

Posted : 01/21/2015 9:46 pm

I just got prescribed this also, I've been on it for a week and a half, my face is so dry, itchy, and irritated! Actually looks worse.. How's it going for you??

MemberMember
(@anirudhsoni55)

Posted : 01/21/2015 10:26 pm

Hey Clindamycin & Nicotinamide gel worked well for me :)

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 01/23/2015 11:25 am

I use clindamycin phosphate after using Panoxyl Creamy Wash 4% Benzoyl Peroxide in the morning. I use Cerave hydrating cleanser at night followed by Differin. I also use a moisturizing cream day and night.

I've been on this regimen since the second week in January, so not long. I also switched to Yaz.

I think it works, but slowly. I definitely would cut back to once a day, and maybe consider using a BP wash with 4 or 5% concentration rather than 10%

Do you wash your face with the Panoxyl bar soap morning and night? Do you apply your prescribed medicine twice a day after following up with cleansing?
If you do wash your face twice a day with the bar soap and do use the acne medication along with it, I suggest that you stop. This is going to be very drying. If you don't use the medication twice a day, and only use it once a day, I would recommend that you don't cleanse your skin with the bar soap before you are going to apply the medication. Use a cleanser that is not medicated for acne instead.

Apparently, clindamycin has been proven to be more effective when used in combination with BP, so I would keep using the medicated cleanser as per your dermatologist's instructions. But less often.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/23/2015 11:30 am

i have used it and still am , it works by drying out the acne however using it with a 10% bp soap is just overkill on your skin

clindamycin+benzoyl peroxide gel is already enough to do the job

use it morning and night and moisturizer right after

you should get a 2% salicylic acid cleanser or something gentle unless you want your skin to crack using 10% bp soap i wouldnt recommend it

MemberMember
(@acnefree-oneday)

Posted : 02/18/2015 11:04 am

A quick update: I stopped using the Clindamycin. I was experiencing very painful stomach cramping. One of the side effects is ulcerative colitis. I couldn't believe something that would go on my face could affect my stomach. But it did. I couldn't take the stomach pain anymore so I stopped using it. It's been a week since I got off the clindamycin, and I don't have anymore stomach pain. It's too bad, because it did help my skin clear.