Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ejd2005

Accutance treatment

Ya so I just took my first pill.. this kinda sucks I never imagined my acne would ever get bad enough to take it, I remember like 3 years ago when I looked down on it and yet, here I am. This is more my own personal log, but whatever.

BTW

My dosage is 80mgs a day of the iso-tret.

Is that a lot to start out on?

It's in the form of 2 40mg pills a day.

I guess my acne isn't like killer bad, just soo much has stacked up over the years that my complexion is red... it's slowly making its way around my entire face, it leaves one place and goes to another. I just cant wait for it to end....

6 months without drinking is going to test me sooo hard...

wish me luck guys

congrats on taking accutane ,man. Its the only thing that will clear you up 100%, as it did for me. Accute will make your skin perfect, not a trace of acne will be left. You won't have to put shit on your face anymore or worry about washing properly etc. You will be able to talk to people freely knowing your skin is totally clear. Everyone else who is doubting, TAKE IT NOW.

BTW

My dosage is 80mgs a day of the iso-tret.

Is that a lot to start out on?

It's in the form of 2 40mg pills a day.

I guess my acne isn't like killer bad, just soo much has stacked up over the years that my complexion is red... it's slowly making its way around my entire face, it leaves one place and goes to another. I just cant wait for it to end....

6 months without drinking is going to test me sooo hard...

wish me luck guys

I am 160 pounds and on 80mgs a day. I'm about to take pill number 3.

The only thing: I'm scarred that under the redness i might have MINOR scarring, but scarring none the less.

If so i'll be so sad. Woe is me.

Maybe i'll just do the microdermabrasion stuff. I have been using scar removal gel for about 2 or 3 months now. I hope it works its 20 bucks a tube and ive used like 8 tubes of it now.

Arrgggg why did this have to happen lol.

Well i'll keep you updated.

edit: And I wouldn't worry about a high starting dose. I'm guess in about a month in a half I'm not even going to care what my starting dose was and niether will you. Acne will just be getting nuked and i'll reap the rewards.

And i've made it through an entire weekend without touching booze. I think it's a good thing, i dont even have the urge to drink. Last night i was at this party and some drunk bastard broke a piece of this girls moms hand thrown pottery, and I just thought, wow I am glad that wasn't me....

I think i was just being paranoid about dry lips, theyre actually quite fine.

I have a question about taking Vitamin E, does it help keep your skin from getting dry???

Jeez...updating us several times a day, every day for 5 months or more? That's gonna be A LOT of posts...one huge thread...all by yourself. How about updating us once a week? If you're actually just bumping your thread up to the top...well I'm sure people will post replies if you give them a chance, lol.

Good luck, and I look forward to reading your positive results. eusa_whistle.gif

I take Vit E 2x's a day. My skin isn't nearly as dry as I expected, in fact its still kind of oily at times. Im on Day 8. I expected all the oil to be gone by now. But I guess everyone is different. Im thinking of maybe stopping the Vit E to see if that is contributing to the oiliness. I am taking it to hopefull prevent scars although I hear that orally isn't nearlly as effective as pure vit E on your face. Go ahead and give it a try!

I'm on Day 95 and I highly reccomend taking Vitamin E. My skin isn't dry at all - except my lips and around my mouth when I eat. The red skin comes and goes, but it's nothing that I can't deal with for two more months. Good luck - and update as often as you want. Sometimes writing your thoughts help ease your mind of tension and stress.

Thanks for the advice on Vit E, I have been taking 2000% IU every day for about a month and half now, as well as 800% IU zinc.

I hope it helps out, I have been dreading dry, chapped, cracked lips. my derm laughed when he said that as a side effect

"Well, you'll have chapped lips (hahaha) through the duration of your treatment"

I'm thinking that was a laugh of like.. well, i dunno, i guess he just meant they get really chapped...

On the bright side, me and my friend just absolutley dominated Halo on legendary, he's all pumped about Halo2 coming out tonight (I personally dont care) but what ever it was hard as hell and we beat it.

Edit: btw Ms Dominatus, if your like little side picture is you, you are very beautiful,

and somehopeleft, you look strangely similar to a good friend of mine

Day 5

No dryness or chapping... i had a pimple pop up in a wierd spot, right on the side of my nose where it connects to my face. it wasnt big, just... i dunno... GAY!

Thanks.

I get weird zits now too. Like, not like I used to. I think its because the 'tane pushes them out so fast and their active life cycle is so short. Its like: bump moves to surface, gets white, dries up and or falls off all within a day or two. Its actually kind of neat watching the life cylce of these babies now. They used to sit under my skin for a few days and just lurk and would be painful, now its ... like I said.. all happening within a day. I haven't had a horrible breakout yet, I mean I am breaking out, they come and go too quickly to keeep up with though. Chin is starting to peel, its odd, and the skin on my neck and back are really tight. And my ears are getting dry.. which is odd, like behind them. So the vitamin E helps.. but don't think you'll bypass the dryness entirely. Honestly though, my forehead is still oily - very irritating. Lips are almost gone - getting used to that. Im 4 days ahead of you, this should be interesting to track... how many mgs are you on??

I'm on 80 mgs a day. I've finished my first packet of 'em, i guess that makes this day 6, almost got down my first week!!

My skin isn't dry, but my lips are getting kinda dry, however i'm gonna blame that on the chilly weather we're having, i live in FLA and 50 degrees will do it to my lips, cold and dry, im not used to it, i think itll go away.

Anyway ive been taking about 2000 IU vitamin E a day and i just got on about 5 minutes ago and bam!! look whats on my start page

http://content.health.msn.com/content/arti...47.htm?GT1=5706

do i care? not really..

Oh and btw, I am keeping my skin moist by using

Scarzone gel (not that I have scars YET but im soooo paranoid about getting any)

Polysporin

I only use this at night or when im not doing anything cuz it makes your skin look super oily. It works quite well, and it's not like the polysporin makes me break out, i think its gonna help out a lot through the treatment.

However, the scarzone gel is like $20 a tub and polysporin $10 a tube, i think i buy the walgreens generic brand of it so it comes out cheaper, like $25, and tubes usually last about a week and a half - 2 1/2 weeks. something like that.

Ive been using that ever since i stopped using perscription topical medications, the last i used was retin-a and it dried my skin out like a desert. it was awful, so i gave it a shot and bam! fixed dry skin right up. havnet had a problem with it since. that was probabley like 2 months ago. now im on the 'tane....

Day 7.

My lips are getting dry, i keep them moisterized with Burt's Bee's. i think it has menthol in it.

My log is like an advertisment jeez.

On the bright side, I traded someone my lunch for an authentic Kevin Garnett jersey today. I dont really watch tons of basketball or wear jerseys, but how could i pass up that offer? authentic jerseys are 80-100bucks i think i might sell it on ebay, im lounging in it right now.....

End of my first week. My face is looking pretty good. Less break-outage.

Not too shabby. My lips are a little dry but what ever, my face is well lubricated at the moment. no adverse effects of accutane thus far.

another smooth day. my cheeks have no no pimples, my forehead had a few though.... my face didnt get dry and my lips are peeling a little, but you cant even notice it unless your me and they arent dry at all...

Day 9

It's hard to believe i have to be on this stuff for 5 months, im seeing tons of improvment, cheecks and chin clear, but my forehead still has a few...

I got a couple of new whiteheads, but for the most part, all of the redness is gone. My zits are small and for the most part unnoticable, but the redness they leave behind sure is! well thats all clearing up, its looking pretty good, my lips are pretty dry though..

Day 12

I REALLY HOPE SOMEONE READS THIS!!!

My acne has met its maker.

So far it has been completely dominated by Accutane. just pummled into the ground. ALL of my redness is fading fast. New blemishes are few and far between. I'm glad i finally got the balls to take the stuff. I'm so happy I could cry.

Anyone else having these super-positive results?

My lips are pretty dry, but i just load on balm, and am getting CortiBalm by the end of the week. My face isn't dry. My forehead is almost completely clear! I think im going to wear my hair back tomarrow and show it off. I'm proud of myself.

I see the light.