Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
somehelp123

Carlson Lab Cod Liver Oil Question

Hi guys,

Sorry if this questioned was asked in a previous post. I want to start taking this particular cod liver oil for my cystic acne. 1 tsp of this oil has only 400 mg of epa, 2000 mg of epa is recommended for anti-inflammatory effects. This means I need to take 5 tsp of cod liver oil to get the recommended amount. The only problem is, with each tsp I am getting 850 iu's of vitamin A and 400 iu's of vitamin D.

Am I likely to be safe taking 5 tsp everyday? Just wondering what your guys's thoughts are.

Thank you.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you have some other conditions that make you extra sensitive. There are a number of medical protocols with cod liver oil that call for doses of it to give 10,000 IU vitamin A per day. Natural vitamin A is safer than some people make it out to be. Plus these guys are saying not to worry unless you exceed 4,000 IU vitamin D per day, and that's probably a conservative limit. [removed]