Notifications
Clear all

What Kind Of Scarring And What Treatments

MemberMember
(@swiss)

Posted : 12/26/2014 7:13 pm

Hi all,

I've read so many of your posts over the years. Sometimes it's hard bc there is so much conflicting information. I'm so desperate to improve my skin, as I know we all are. I've tried four subcisions and eight micro pen sessions. Several years ago I had some Fraxel treatments, yet I feel like my skin is worse than ever. I'm not even sure what type of scarring this is...rolling, boxcar? Can anything else help?

post-204724-0-74266500-1419639152_thumb.

post-204724-0-33330100-1419639166_thumb.

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 12/26/2014 10:45 pm

I think it's rolling scars and some box scars.

I'm surprised subcision and microneedling hasn't helped you. Where did you get them done?

You should have noticed major improvement after so many sessions....

How did your doctor perform the procedures, within how many weeks apart and did you use any topicals?

I will have the same 2 procedures done and I've reasoned they're the best options out there.

MemberMember
(@swiss)

Posted : 12/27/2014 12:16 am

Thanks for the response. I had procedures at a derm in Columbia, MO. I think he did it correct, and its the same doc another person on here used - with good results. I heard all of the popping noises, and I even tried auctioning the last two times. Though the last two times he did not do as many of the scars. I did not use any topicals really. I have retin-a, but really can't use it bc my skin is to sensitive.

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 12/27/2014 2:01 am

Thanks for the response. I had procedures at a derm in Columbia, MO. I think he did it correct, and its the same doc another person on here used - with good results. I heard all of the popping noises, and I even tried auctioning the last two times. Though the last two times he did not do as many of the scars. I did not use any topicals really. I have retin-a, but really can't use it bc my skin is to sensitive.

I've seen people with pretty impressive results from having had only subcision or only 6 treatments with dermapen, so it's very hard for me to accept the fact that you haven't gotten satisfactory results from the combination of the two procedures done multiple times.

Do you have any before pictures? What are your plans regarding the next step in treating the acnr scars? Fillers would be a good choice imo

MemberMember
(@swiss)

Posted : 12/27/2014 6:44 pm

I'm wondering if excision would help? I've seen some threads on here with people having good results. I just think it may be hard to find a doctor that would do it.

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 12/27/2014 8:12 pm

If nothing has helped you maybe you should look for a plastic surgeon instead of a cosmetic dermatologist. The surgeons don't have a problem doing excisions as long as they are specialized in acne scars. Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@franklee-flgmail-com)

Posted : 12/27/2014 9:10 pm

I'm wondering if excision would help? I've seen some threads on here with people having good results. I just think it may be hard to find a doctor that would do it.

I think your scars are too small and shallow for excision. Subcision and laser are two things I've seriously considered, but I didn't see good enough results to justify the huge cost. After tinkering with few other options and doing extensive research, I've found that dermastamping, if done right, can give you great results. The problem with dermastamping isn't that it doesn't work but that most people don't do it right. They don't understand what it actually does, and contrary to convention wisdom, it needs to be done aggressively. You need to get one with at least 1.5mm needles (2.0 mm is even better) and do it aggressively, breaking up the scar tissues under the skin. If done right, the needles will break up the scar tissue and you will hear the popping sounds. Plus, you'll bleed.

The person that really inspired and helped me was DC-girl from this community:

Her before pictures show scars much worse than yours. She had a combination of pretty deep boxcar and ice pick scars. Look at her after picture, two years later. Incredible, right? At first, I was skeptical myself, but I followed her methods and now I'm getting results better than laser. Like her and you, I have shallow but widespread scars. I'm thrilled that my scars are looking better after every treatment. I think in about 6 months - a year, I can have the results that she's got.

Good luck!

P.S. you need do TCA peels along with derma-stamping.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 12/28/2014 3:51 am

I totally understand your frustration. It's like we keep throwing money into a bottomless pit sometimes and not seeing much to show for it. That said, I don't think you'd want to do excisions. It's just to aggressive and risky for your scars. If you had really deep, deep ice pick scarring I'd feel differently. I have this kind of texture issues too, and these are challenging to get right. I see some ice pick scars which some people have had success by treating with TCA Cross. Fillers could work on some of the larger rolling type scars, but probably will not work well on the narrow ice pick scars.

MemberMember
(@swiss)

Posted : 01/19/2015 8:03 pm

I had a consult with a cosmetic derm surgeon today, and the recommendation was for fraxel repair for the pigmentation / texture issues and another round of subcision. I've read some really mixed reviews about fraxel repair. Does anyone have any thoughts? I'm so desperate...it is so awful to feel this way.

MemberMember
(@rearly46)

Posted : 06/27/2018 7:32 am

I would highly recommend using vitamins that have bromelain, grape seed extract, and chlorella as a daily supplement to help speed up healing internally. You should check out Woundvite -- its by zen nutrients and you can grab it on amazon.