Notifications
Clear all

How Long After Accutane To Use Aha Etc

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 12/26/2014 5:51 pm

As per title, what is the correct length of time to wait after a treatment of Accutane before you can start to correct the post inflammatory hyper pigmentation and scars with AHA etc?

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 12/26/2014 7:35 pm

pretty sure it does :/ - superficial scars not deep pitted scars, minor boxcar and red marks/ brown marks. What can be done and when after accutane?

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 12/26/2014 10:41 pm

Right away.

Just don't do lasers, medium/strong chemical peels and maybe microdermabrasion.

Aha otc products are safe.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 12/27/2014 6:50 am

pretty sure it does :/ - superficial scars not deep pitted scars, minor boxcar and red marks/ brown marks. What can be done and when after accutane?

nah it doesnt. im using it for like 3 years already? btw think abt it...3 YRS!!!! and theres barely ny diff at all, my face is still crappy (even after all this time and all effort ive ever done for it) and even worse? got this free tan out of nowhere too...:s

it just refreshes your skin a bit and helps with flakes if you have but thats like it! n then your skin gets used to it or some shit like tht in its useless at all!!

what to do? they need to come up with smtn absolutely new?? like on genetical or cell level? hello?? i remeber you from yrs ago btw, well CLEARLYY nothing works? :/

Tothemoonandback - would azeliac acid be ok 15%- 20%?

itsamemario - have you not thought about doing something more invasive? i think after 6 months of using aha etc if nothing is really helping then its time to look for something else. or accept that its the way it is and leave it be?

oh do you? what was your original name on here because your profile says you joined 2014. My acne cleared up on and off since i was 22 years old. I took accutane to give it the boot but got headaches so had to come off it.

For the most part its purged all my skin and cleared out the pores. However because i squeezed at it here and there and had a break out of painful zits right at the end of my treatment, it has left superficial scars and hyperpigmentation. Particularly across my forehead. prior to accutane, my skin would heal incredibly quick and a lingering red mark would be gone within a couple of weeks. Now its taken months for the slightest change.

I hope it continues to improve naturally, and it would be nice to be rid of the last inflammed trapped pore on my forehead which is huge and red right now, surrounded by minor pitted scarring from the other black heads that inflammed and came to a head.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 12/27/2014 3:27 pm

Why were you banned? you must be careful with BHA's and AHA's, some you wash off others you can leave on. Paula's choice has a good range of products with anti irritants.

Where are you from? how old are you?

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 01/17/2015 10:21 am

bump-a-roo